Motor Poll and question...

YOUR MOTOR OF CHOICE ???

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I couldn't vote. You don't have my setup. I use a polar mount attached to one of my P* dishes, then use a diseqc actuator to move the dish with my 2700A.

I couldn't vote either. I use a Stab HH 90 for my fortec ku dish, but if I voted on that alone, I would rather choose the Stab HH 120 motor, which you have not listed, only because it's heavier and supports a bigger dish (bigger is better). If I voted for my favorite, it would have to be the actuator for my Bud, although I like the Stab better, I use the Bud more, so it would be the one most used.
And, as for your north and south question. You can get a separate actuator and use it for the north and south possition of your dish, if you have a Bud, I don't think it would work with a Stab or the SG motor.
As far as someone building one. That would be nice, but for me, I would like someone to start building a H to H motor for the Bud again. If they would build a heavier Stab or SG to perform with a Bud, that would be great, almost a miracle.

Al

- Having owned one a while, now I'm about to set up another SG-2100 for my bro...

Since STab makes 3 models, I would recomemnd STAB users vote for the STAB HH90 since it is the only one from the STAB family listed. Also, you forgot the STACONTRL SM3D12.

Have an ajak h-h that is over 20 years old and still works fine on my 12' solid aluminum dish. Just greese the wormgears in it 2 times a year. When I bought it from dh satellite I had the option to get the NORTH SOUTH movement as well but didn't. That option was already built in to some of the chapparral receivers. Too bad many of those places are no longer in business.

Have an ajak h-h that is over 20 years old and still works fine on my 12' solid aluminum dish.

Wow. That sounds pretty nice. You should post some pics of that. It's not often we get to see what a real dish looks like. Anyway, I also have a solid aluminum BUD with an H-H motor, but mines not nearly as impressive as yours. Mines only 8.5'. It's an old birdview.

Is there a motor out there that can do east/west and north/south. If there is one of these motors available... Please point me in that direction... If not... Can someone please build one !!! THANKS

Anyway, here's a link to a page where you can see a birdview similar to mine. What's interesting here is they've modified it by adding an actuator for elevation movement. So this can give you an idea of now to make your own by simply adding a linear actuator to change the elavation of the H-H motor. Of course for most purposes you don't need this as a properly aligned H-H installation will track the clarke belt without having a motor to change the elevation. I guess the only reason youd need something like this would be to located satellites in inclined orbits, but if you really wanted to you could do something similar but on a smaller scale with a small linear actuator and one of the small H-H motors.

http://users.wbsnet.org/n0yk/birdview.htm

I would like to know where Sikma got his diseqc actuator. I have several P* dishes and would like to motorize one of them. I've been thinking about putting a polar mount on one or modify the mount as some have done for an HH. I'm also using a 7.5' Unimesh with a 24" actuator for my 4DTV and have my Pansat 3500 slaved to it for C-band FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts