Motor Problems after winter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
Okay so i decided to hook up the box and move the ku dish via my motor. Neither USALS or 1.2 will get it to budge. I went on the roof and was able to manually move it, i also reset the motor.

I am using a 3500s and i seem to think it is a receiver problem. Currently i only have one box to test with.

The wiring shouldn't be a problem because i have moved it before from this point (meaning the run isn't too long) also the receive is able to power the manual position buttons on the motor and tv still works, Just i am completely unable to move the motor with the box.

Thanks

I hooked it up to the twinhan (ended up using more / longer cable run) and it worked. Motor is Fine.

My conclusions are that my 3500S doesn't do usals or 1.2.

It is a knock-off Pansat 3500S that i got very cheap on ebay. It works fine for ku and c-band but i never knew this "clone" couldn't do USALS. So much for the sticker on front. Well at least it works and i can use my other boxes for moving the dish.

by chance is it a Vortex 3500? I have heard that those clones of the pansat don't do alot of things the pansat will do.

Clone boxes suck.

Plain and simple.

You get what you pay for.

I would use the box for a doorstop and get a Traxis 3500.

Great motor support, and it's not hackable ( a plus in my book)

not necessarily. I has a KUSat 2600 which was clearly a clone of a Digiwave 7000 and it worked great for the almost 2 years I had it :)

I realize that.

But most clones made today are made by companies that are trying to capatialze on the less than legal market.

You have to wonder what type of quality goes into clones when you can buy Coolsat 5000 clones for $39.00 a piece in lots of 100 boxes.

I have seen Pantec (pansat 2500A clone) that have really bad construction. (cold solder joints, components not flush with the PCB, ect...)

Yep i checked, it is a Vortex 3500S. I guess I will use my 2700 for the motor and hook the vortex up to the BUD since it will be slaved to the c-band box.

Is 100 more dollars for the universal remote and motor functions worth it?
I would say No.

I just wish the ebay seller could have posted this missing feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)