Motor question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H2OSkier

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
I posted a question on the Sadoun forum about a DG240 motor I purchased but I didn't get an answer to my question. Sooooo I'm giving it a try here.

I replaced a SM3D22 with the DG240 because I wanted more movement to be able to get 72w (the SM3D22 would JUST get me to 74w). I can get the DG240 to move to 61w, which is about 60 degrees on the DG240's scale, scale goes to 80. During Live Earth, others were watching on 58w. If I have enough travel should the motor move east a few more degrees ?

My TS is 116.8w, I'm using a Coolsat 5000, DG240, Invacom QPH-031. I also have a universal LNB if I could have gotten the DG240 to move to 58w.

Thanks for any insight to my questions,

Ken

ken
are you tring to get there using USALS some have experinced problems trying to get the extream ends on the arc. others have no problems.(not with the DG240)
i would try this. take it as far east as USALS will take you ( 61w which is only 3 degrees away from 58w a very short distance) then pick a known transponder on satellite 58 to use 1.2 and nudge the motor one click at a time till you get the signal. once there lock it in and save.

George,

Thanks for the suggestion. When I first go my equipment I was told that the Coolsat didn't like a mix of USALS and 1.2 But you are correct I'm using only USALS at the point. If I can find the magic code that I was given to reset the Coolsat maybe I'll give it a try.

Thanks again,

Ken

ken it would probably be best to save all your information before you reset that way you have a good copy of the way it was working.
i have the coolsat 5000 and mixed them. magic code ?? is that the number to access everything , if you never changed it its 4 zeros :)

LOL ... no the magic code will reset the box back to defaults. I just found the post here.

Ken

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)