Motor... up or down?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
An SG2100 won't work upside down even if you swapped East and west, the arc would be upside down and you'd be scanning Mars before you hit a satellite :)

You could cut the pole down to whatever length you'd need, my thinking is that you need as much clearance as possible to stop the LNB arm hitting the pole as well as clearance above your dish as Pete said.

Cascade said:
An SG2100 won't work upside down even if you swapped East and west, the arc would be upside down and you'd be scanning Mars before you hit a satellite :)

you're right. i looked closer at the pics. the HH120 from the side it points back like -\. the SG2100 in an upside-down position would be -/ which would not work at all :(

ok, so i still want an sg2100, but i will need a better pole. I'll check mine at home first (pretty sure even if i turn it around i won't have enough clearance to add the motor on there) so now i'm leaning towards making an offer for your mast :) i'll talk to you about that in a PM later on today. thanks for everyone's help again.

this might have to wait until i move into a house (planning that for december)

GutBomb, don't forget, if you have the mount pole pointing in toward your apartment at an angle, you can compensate for that angle by adding or subtracting degrees of the motor mount.
All you'd need to know is the angle of the mounting pole.
As long as the pole isn't skewed East/West you'll still have the equivalent of a plumb pole.

Ok, so I broke out the hacksaw and came up with this:

IMG_4522.jpg

It'll give you enough clearance under the dish for the motor, you can install it so it'll be plumb.

Yes, it's a slow day.

hehe, I have plenty to do according to the wife - the kitchen floor could do with a clean, the front room needs painting, on top of that I need to replace the clutch in the car.

I told her that it leaves no time for me but she seems to think her car is more important that finding more transponders on T6.

heh now it's gigantic :) i think i am simply gonna wait until i move into a house :(

oh well. i'll get a motor for christmas :)

It looks like an instrument of torture to be used on incompetent unlicensed satellite installers, maybe your ex...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)