Motorized Dish Cable Length

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
I've been kicking around motorizing one of my dishes (Winegard 2076). Do you think I would have any problems with a 150 foot run of cable with a motor? The cable is commscope flooded with a copper clad stinger.

Thanks

nah you should be fine. I have one run of almost 150 feet with no issues for the 2nd motorized

commscope...huh? I use the same stuff :)

Yeaugh its pretty good cable. Its only swept to 2.3 but it was the best I could find at the time that was flooded. I'm now using Andrews solid copper. I really like it. Its not flooded but all my runs are in conduit. If it goes south it wont be too hard to pull another run through. Thanks for the reply.

I have ran 275 ft on my KU motorized set up before with no problems at all! :up

Mine is RG6 Swept Tested Cable Standard From Skywalker.

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

I'm hoping to squeeze about 300' out of a nice run to a motorized dish sometime this summer. I might go for RG11 for that though.

I'm hoping to squeeze about 300' out of a nice run to a motorized dish sometime this summer. I might go for RG11 for that though.

JosephB,
I don’t see any problem with that length with the better grade RG11. If I can go 275ft with just RG6, I really think you can get 300 out of RG11 with no problems! :up

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)