Motorized Linear/Circular and 2 receivers, need switch(s)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stevemo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Canada
Hi guys,
When I originally bought my setup I wound up with a Dish Network 2 port switch which doesn't appear to work with FTA (I was only getting a handful of channels...some linear and some circular). Anyway, I want to have linear/circular in the house without having to go outside and swap the cable. One receiver is a microHD which I use daily and the other is a Coolsat 6000 which is going to get used if I break down and buy a 2nd TV.
Could you please suggest a Switch to get this operational with the option of me scabbing on an LNB for NBC at a later date? I can put in as many home runs as necessary if I need multiple.
Thank you, Steve

We have a FAQ which might help.
Check the FAQ department for a Switches Simplified.

More info on your LNBFs would be helpful, as well as dishes.
You aren't trying to share cables with any of the pay TV services, are you ?

A DishNet 2-port switch is not supported by so many receivers, so I'd never use one.
(makes a too-unique system where you cannot introduce arbitrary new receivers)

If you had only a single receiver, then a 4-port diseqc switch would be the way to go.
But the minute you introduce a second receiver, the solution gets more complicated. :)

Last edited:
Hi Anole,
I have carefully looked through the FAQ and the 4-1 Switch looks like the bare minimum for me. I have a fake QPH-031 LNB and I am determined to use the Circular side just for the sake of using it for my blind scanning entertainment. The motor is a Stab HH90 and the dish is a digiwave T90 which I'm getting signals in from 61W to 123W. What I don't see in the FAQ is multiple satellites with motors due to motor load through the switch? I could use the loop through on the Coolsat to get both working but this would take coordination between the two receivers which would be in different rooms should we get around to getting another TV...not sure if this is avoidable.
Steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Looking to change out my KU Band LNB

Buying a 90cm sat dish - The Odyssey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)