Motorola Droid's next update to be Android 2.1, includes multitouch browser

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
you dont have to root to use this mike...I am unrooted and installed it ( I was rooted, but undid it) there is no 3d launcher with this, that was incorrect by the person using it, but so far so good...no option for 3 5 or 7 though.

you dont have to root to use this mike...I am unrooted and installed it ( I was rooted, but undid it) there is no 3d launcher with this, that was incorrect by the person using it, but so far so good...no option for 3 5 or 7 though.

Are you sure you don't have to root your phone?

this is the actual flash not a nandroid backup and yes it will root your phone if you are unrooted!

It sounds like it will root the phone for you during the process. I am not aware of any way to apply these type of updates without having a rooted phone.

Yeah, that sounds like rooting to me. You are flashing the phone with another rom. And at this point we simply do not know WHAT "version" of 2.1 will be the official Droid one.

Regardless, I look forward to a report on it. But given how everything is working so well right now, I'll hold off.

no root needed and it dosent root your phone, again this is the sbf files that motorola and verizon use to flash phones when they have a problem, its simple to do, and really this is what they have people do when they "brick" their phones because it puts everything back to stock....so far I am running the 2.1 and LOVE it it is very fast without any lag and I really enjoy the live wallpapers..someone said their was a duck hunt live wallpaper I am going to see if that is for real or someones wishful thinking!

edit: my phone is not rooted and it went on fine...the sbf files are an actual system software.

no root needed and it dosent root your phone, again this is the sbf files that motorola and verizon use to flash phones when they have a problem, its simple to do, and really this is what they have people do when they "brick" their phones because it puts everything back to stock....so far I am running the 2.1 and LOVE it it is very fast without any lag and I really enjoy the live wallpapers..someone said their was a duck hunt live wallpaper I am going to see if that is for real or someones wishful thinking!

edit: my phone is not rooted and it went on fine...the sbf files are an actual system software.

ok, I understand now.

So, when the push the "real" one OTA, you'll probably get that too, since I suspect its version will be somewhat different.

You are noticing a significant speed difference?

Mike yes I should get that one as well as it will be a different build...and my phone is still rooted.

Speed difference is everything is snappier opening up...I haven't done much web surfing to see any speed difference there.

Mike yes I should get that one as well as it will be a different build...and my phone is still rooted.

Speed difference is everything is snappier opening up...I haven't done much web surfing to see any speed difference there.

I heard from a friend this morning that Motorola might wait until Froyo before pushing out an update, so to give the DROID the 3D app launcher and 5 homescreens. Current version in testing is FRE68.

That is from fauguy on howardforums.

I wouldn't mind waiting if it meant more features. Yes 2.1 would be nice, but other than some new toys which I'd always like, I have no issues that would need an update.

Still my favorite phone :)

-Mike

I think we now need to begin a pool on what phone will be the next one to get 2.1. I have heard rumors that the HTC Hero would be getting it on 3/26 and 3/30 for the Samsung Moment. Will either of these two have 2.1 before the Droid does?

I mentioned earlier in this thread that the HTC Eris (Verizon) has a 2.1 version in the wild but I don't believe it will be released to customers in it's current state.

THis is funny - this morning Motorola's facebook page posted a question asking people what year the first text message was in. AND out of 200+ comments, the vast majority were people saying, who gives a crap, just give us 2.1 for the droid.

Indeed, their entire wall is filled with Droid users ticked off about not having 2.1 yet.

THis is funny - this morning Motorola's facebook page posted a question asking people what year the first text message was in. AND out of 200+ comments, the vast majority were people saying, who gives a crap, just give us 2.1 for the droid.

Indeed, their entire wall is filled with Droid users ticked off about not having 2.1 yet.

That's funny. What year was it?

That is so funny and i agree!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)