Motorola Droid's next update to be Android 2.1, includes multitouch browser

Mike I was using it up to yesterday when I went back to stock 2.0.1 just so I could see if there was any difference, but from my understanding, that was the file we were suppose to get...now there was a problem with it and I am wondering if this is what shut the whole thing down but a build.prop file was bad and would stop SOME paid apps from showing up in marketplace.
The reason I think that was the problem was simply that there was some talk from devs that said Google had to let the droid be "officially" at 2.1 before some of the paid apps would show up in the marketplace....well that should have happened Wednesday and they never showed up..meaning people couldn't sell apps to anyone with the build of ese53 as they wouldn't be there....do I explain that well enough?

Mike I was using it up to yesterday when I went back to stock 2.0.1 just so I could see if there was any difference, but from my understanding, that was the file we were suppose to get...now there was a problem with it and I am wondering if this is what shut the whole thing down but a build.prop file was bad and would stop SOME paid apps from showing up in marketplace.
The reason I think that was the problem was simply that there was some talk from devs that said Google had to let the droid be "officially" at 2.1 before some of the paid apps would show up in the marketplace....well that should have happened Wednesday and they never showed up..meaning people couldn't sell apps to anyone with the build of ese53 as they wouldn't be there....do I explain that well enough?

Yeah, I think so. :)

How did you get it back to stock? Did you do a nandroid backup when you first rooted the phone?

I almost pulled the trigger on that build last night, but guess I'll wait a few more days.

dont know but I AM about 2 seconds from trading a buddy my droid for his droid eris....the card view on their 2.1 is sick, plus there are some other features that htc does that I love (7 screens, you hear me motorola 7 SCREENS!)

Who cares about screens? All the apps are on the pull up

i agree i dont need any more home screens. i just want more features of the phone like pinch and zoom of the browser. i will be happy just to see 2.1 come out.

ps what do you all think of skype mobile on the droid?

i agree i dont need any more home screens. i just want more features of the phone like pinch and zoom of the browser. i will be happy just to see 2.1 come out.

I don't have a skype number yet and don't know anyones, but I am going to set it up later.

dont know but I AM about 2 seconds from trading a buddy my droid for his droid eris....the card view on their 2.1 is sick, plus there are some other features that htc does that I love (7 screens, you hear me motorola 7 SCREENS!)

James, just install Helix as a home screen. IT has as many screens as you want. I have it, and it is fast - and it has a docking feature for four items. I have it set with 5 screens, and love it.

Trading a Droid for an Eris is just plain crazy-talk. :)

Well, there are browsers you can use with pinch-zoom, like XScope. It is very powerful, but I don't find the pinch-zoom feature that critical.

Plus, you can run a ported version of the Google News/Weather Widget and the 2.1 3d gallery.

James, just install Helix as a home screen. IT has as many screens as you want. I have it, and it is fast - and it has a docking feature for four items. I have it set with 5 screens, and love it.

Trading a Droid for an Eris is just plain crazy-talk. :)

I dont know i feel right at home with the droid eris because of the htc stuff (remember I had a touch pro and touch pro 2 before the droid) and so far sooo good on my little test drive of the eris.....

I dont know i feel right at home with the droid eris because of the htc stuff (remember I had a touch pro and touch pro 2 before the droid) and so far sooo good on my little test drive of the eris.....

The Eris has less memory and a less powerful processor. Trading down is crazy talk.

The Eris has less memory and a less powerful processor. Trading down is crazy talk.

He likes crazy talk. Remember his signature about the Stoolers for about 4 months? :D

Slower processor, smaller screen, no keyboard, and the clock that takes up 1/3 of the screen, and the bottom functions another row? Just crazy talk if you ask me. But then again, we are talking about the ultimate phone whore. ;) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)