Motorola DSR410DS Satellite Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Does anyone have a Motorola DSR410DS satellite receiver?

If so, could you please tell me the following?

1) What gets inserted behind the Motorola logo on the front? A cable card?

2) Where could I get a remote control for this unit?

3) Does the green button on front power on and off the unit? On mine the power remains on and this button has no effect.

This receiver was used in Canada for CATV / Satellite HITS2Home systems. It accessed channels on Galaxy4R (KU band). I am wondering if this receiver could possibly be used to access FTA digicipher channels on Galaxy 4R as well as other satellites.

maybe....

I had one like that and all I got was the "please wait while we authorize you" or something like that

There is a secret menu to get it to change the parameters (like the frequency, polarity, etc). There is only 2 symbol rates in it

I have the secret menu commands and documents. I read that the code to use for a universal remote is 10035 medium, but I have not tried it.

What goes behind the logo? Where could I get the origional remote?

PopcornNMore said:
Does anyone have a Motorola DSR410DS satellite receiver?

If so, could you please tell me the following?
1) What gets inserted behind the Motorola logo on the front? A cable card?
2) Where could I get a remote control for this unit?
3) Does the green button on front power on and off the unit? On mine the power remains on and this button has no effect.

I had one of these but sold it. From what I have read it should be able to get DCII FTA if you can get it to load the channel maps. I tried but mine would not load any channel maps. It is setup to use a primestar type KU LNB.

The remote uses the same code as a Voom Remote so you can just use a Voom remote on this unit. I think the green button on the remote is the setup button. The Voom button should be the guide button. I thought the power button on the unit was blue not green. Nothing goes behing the logo that was not used as far as I know.

Here is where the manuals were located. Right now the site is down.
http://www.digi4smallcable.com/docs/4xx Installation.pdf
http://www.digi4smallcable.com/docs/DSR410Install.doc

I am uploading the doc file for you I can not find the pdf right now.

Attachments

• DSR410Install.doc
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,241
Last edited:
The slot behind motorola/starchoice logo it to be use only if DCII should ever be comprimised they would send you an access card to secure their system again that what i was told last time asked a few years back when i became a subcriber.

RtpiFan :)

Thank you guys! I just got a DSR405 model with the remote control. This one works, but I am unable to get a signal from G4R. Could this be because I am using a universal LNB?

Good News - Bad News:

I called SPS Programming to subscribe to programming on X4 using a DSR410 receiver.

YES you can sucessfully subscribe to programming using any of these receivers.
YES you can order a single channel like GSN to download the correct channel maps and to authorize the receiver
YES you can order any programming using one of these cheap receivers instead of a 4DTV DSR920 or DSR922.

Bad News: In order to receive the hit to activate the programming you need access to an analog C-Band signal. The hit using just X4 KU did not work.

Someone like Iceberg who has a 6' C-band dish along with a DSR410DS receiver could possibly use this box to subscribe to programming and then receive all the open fixed key programming. However, someone like me would need to install C-band first. I am working on it, but not there yet.

Hmmmm this sounds interesting. I would love a dcII reciever, but if these only support 2 symbol rates it sounds like you would not be able to get a lot of programming. Also, if it needs a standard ku lnb for ku dcII fta, how would you set it up to work with a cband lnb to get authorization?

I found this in reading the manual:

Press Options 6 778 1 “Manually Tune Frequency” the Polarity, confirm “Right” is checked. (THIS ACCESS CODE AND MENU IS FOR INTSTALLERS ONLY!)

For the symbol rate, using right/left arrow keys, scroll to 19.51.

For the code mode, using right/left arrow keys, scroll to ¾.

In the frequency field, confirm 1070.000. (This field can be changed to any L-Band freq.)

Does this mean you could set a c band lnb 5150 in the menues for dsr410ds to get the maps?

To connect C or Ku band LNBF you would not have to change any settings in the receiver. The input to the receiver, the if frequency of the normal C and Ku band LNBF is 950 - 1450MHz. You would only have to connect the one or the other. No setting would be needed in the receiver.

drhydro said:
Does this mean you could set a c band lnb 5150 in the menues for dsr410ds to get the maps?
doc, you would still need a C-band lnb to do this if it does mean so. You would not be able to use a ku lnb to get C-band frequencies.
PopcornNMore said:
drhydro, I am working on a solution and will keep everyone posted.
Popcorn, I hope this means you're trying to get the providers to start downloading the correct info on the ku side.

Al

voomvoom said:
doc, you would still need a C-band lnb to do this if it does mean so. You would not be able to use a ku lnb to get C-band frequencies.
Al
Al,
I would set it up to get the maps from my 10' BUD on c band.

PopcornNMore said:
Good News - Bad News:

I called SPS Programming to subscribe to programming on X4 using a DSR410 receiver.

YES you can sucessfully subscribe to programming using any of these receivers.
YES you can order a single channel like GSN to download the correct channel maps and to authorize the receiver
YES you can order any programming using one of these cheap receivers instead of a 4DTV DSR920 or DSR922.

Bad News: In order to receive the hit to activate the programming you need access to an analog C-Band signal. The hit using just X4 KU did not work.

Someone like Iceberg who has a 6' C-band dish along with a DSR410DS receiver could possibly use this box to subscribe to programming and then receive all the open fixed key programming. However, someone like me would need to install C-band first. I am working on it, but not there yet.

Sorry that will not work the LO on the cband LNB is not the same as the KU.
I tried to lock onto the channel maps on C band and it won't work.

Larry1 said:
To connect C or Ku band LNBF you would not have to change any settings in the receiver. The input to the receiver, the if frequency of the normal C and Ku band LNBF is 950 - 1450MHz. You would only have to connect the one or the other. No setting would be needed in the receiver.

The LO in these receivers is hard coded to the standard LNBS. They will not work on a cband LNB because you can not change the LO.

This is the same problem we have with the Voom Receivers.

satmaster said:
The LO in these receivers is hard coded to the standard LNBS. They will not work on a cband LNB because you can not change the LO.

This is the same problem we have with the Voom Receivers.

I wonder if the Voom receivers could be uploaded with DirecTV firmware and work? Don't DirecTV and Voom use videoguard encryption? I'm just asking, may sound stupid.

DirecTV uses a proprietary stream (not DVB and not DCII), while Voom Motorola boxes are DCII. They would make nice HD FTA DCII boxes if someone could figure out how to make them receive unencrypted DCII signals from birds other than Voom's (AMC-3 comes to mind :) ).

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts