Motorola HD cable box question

fdm2000

Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
I live in SE Michigan and have had Comcast for several years. Recently I contacted the local office and requested a cable box with an HDMI port. My earlier HD setup used component cable and I hoped to improve the PQ with an HDMI connection.

I was told that the only boxes that Comcast had with HDMI ports was a dual HD/DVR tuner which would raise my monthly user fee by an additional $7. I found that hard to believe and had no use for the DVR feature. I wrote to the online web tech support people and was told that there were three different boxes available that had HDMI ports without the DVR. I got back with the locals and they insisted that there was no such thing. I finally wrote to the head of customer relations and asked for his assistance in resolving this issue. In a few days I got a call from the local field supervisor and was told that they did have HDMI singular box and would send a field rep to swap my old box and install the new one at no service call charge and no additional monthly fee, but there was no operation manual available. The box is in and working, but when I look at the front of the box it has the following numbers in the lower right front of the box: DCT 6412 III and below that DCT 3412. I viewed a web page in Wikipedia that had pictures of the various Motorola cable boxes and my box does not resemble the DCT 6412 III or the DCT 3412. It looks more like a DCH series box but has the DCT 6412 III and DCT 3412 numbers on the front?

Does anyone have any idea what the Hell I have? And what it does?

FDM2000

Souds like a hybird, but looking a t the serial numbers and model number in the back should tell you. If you call them and give them a serial number of that box, it would be interesting to see what they say.

motorola DCH3200

The box you need is a motorola DCH3200

Comcast has them. They just sent me one a few days ago when I called and requested an upgrade to HD from regular digital.

They also gave me the story that they don't have a box that has hdmi output on it unless you subscribe to the DVR for extra $$.

I told them to just send me the regular one without DVR, and guess what?.....They sent me the motorola DCH3200 that DOES have hdmi on it.

Works perfect. BTW I'm in SW Michigan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts