MotoSat on Motorhome Problems Help Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hptrvnet

Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Arizona
I am in need of some information and help. I have a MotoSat MD500 with Nomad 2 controlling dishnetwork. I have had it since 2006 and has worked great everytime we get someplace just push the button and everything works. EXCEPT yesterday, I haven't used the motorhome in about 10 months this year, went out of town and set up, push the button and the dish would not lock on the satellite. I read the troubleshooting in the manual and i am not having any of the flashing light problems it is discribing. I watched the lights as the dish rotated, I received the DVB light but would not lock. I have had nothing done to the system since 2006, I have been reading other forums and there was mention of upgrade, but all of those posting were back in 2008 and I have used it since then. Can someone please help.

When was the last time you updated the firmware in the Nomad 2? I have a MD 1000.2 and the version of firmware I'm using in the Nomad 2 is 38.8. This version is working fine for me but I know they have a version 40.0 available. As new satellites are put into service the Nomad can get confussed so you need to update the firmware from time to time so it can find and lock on to your satellites. You can download the firmware and instructions from Motosat. You need a cable to connect your computer to the Nomad to flash the new firmware. If you don't have this you can buy the cable from Motosat. Give tech support a call and they can help you with what you need.

Bob Johnson (WB0JFC)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts