Motosat RV dish, what FTA controller will move the dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bollox

Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
FL
Hello guys and gals, I have a 1999 Class A RV with a Motosat dish on the roof, it is currently controlled by a Nomad 3 Sat finder, but the user interface suck like a big sucky thing, it's all blinking lights etc, very junky.

The dish is moved with 12v I tested this with a cordless drill battery.

My question is is there something else that I can control the dish with, I would like to use my Dish box and an FTA of some sort.

Any help would be greatly accepted and maybe even cherished.

Thanks

Stuart

Several different MotoSat dish and receiver models. The Datastorm models have the ability to set the LNBF skew which is necessary for linear FSS FTA reception.

The 75cm F1 dish will provide good reception on most transponders, but the F3 is the beauty to receive KU-band programming with the 1.2M reflector.

The latest D3 controller is DVBS based and will lock onto unencrypted MPEG2 signals. Since the MotoSat satellite search technology is based on sweep and elevation changes, it cannot be used with USALS. If you own a DataStorm model, it is probably best to see about upgrading to a D3 receiver controller to aim the dish and if desired, add a slaved SD/HD, MPEG2/4 receiver.

Thanks for the reply, I beleive I have the D3, but not the F3 most likely the F1, what Im asking is can the F1 be controlled with another FTA or Satellite finder that is either laptop controlled or I can see what its doing, I have a Satellite data box that came with the RV but dont have any idea what it is or how to use it.

The Nomad series is not the same as the Datastorm. I do not have any working knowledge of this series, but understand that they can be programmed for detecting any satellite. Your dish may also be only capable of working with circular LNBFs and not able to control the skew necessary for FSS linear polarity satellite signals. You may also look at adding the GPS module which will cut the satellite acquisition time from 15 minutes to 2 or 3 minutes.

MotoSat dishes cannot be controlled by a MEPG2/43 receiver. The MotoSat controllers must be used to aim the dish and the newer models have a very good interfaces and satellite verification feature.

Have you downloaded the owners manual? Here is a copy of the D3 http://www.motosat.com/downloads/internet/documents/operations/D3_Manual_Ver_391_062107.pdf Use either the D3 front buttons to deploy and search for a specific satellite or use the very slick computer control via the LAN connection with the default IP address: 192.168.0.250

motosat_LAN.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts