Motosat/Satcontrol?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
Does anyone know a way to modify a Motosat Direcway internet dish to recieve FTA channels? I have a line on one for $500 and it would be nice to use it both for my internet and FTA channels while away. It'd mount nicely to the top of my popup camper and look sweet at the campground.

it's a .74m dish with the control box that finds the Dway sats... I am wondering if it can be encouraged to find other birds. The recieve LNB is linear, and with an A/B switch, I'm sure it would be sweet with both my modem and the FTA box.

As you say its a linear LNBF, so all you should need to do is bypass the transmiter and go straight to the LNB. Not sure if the program can be changed as it may depend on a two way signal!

SatAdam said:
Does anyone know a way to modify a Motosat Direcway internet dish to recieve FTA channels? I have a line on one for $500 and it would be nice to use it both for my internet and FTA channels while away. It'd mount nicely to the top of my popup camper and look sweet at the campground.

it's a .74m dish with the control box that finds the Dway sats... I am wondering if it can be encouraged to find other birds. The recieve LNB is linear, and with an A/B switch, I'm sure it would be sweet with both my modem and the FTA box.

The Motosat software that is installed on your computer contains the entry for which satellite you want. You change it in the options. You can also simply move the dish through the software with your mouse. As you probably already know, "Bird on a Wire" arms can also be attached to receive the DBS birds.

Your popup's roof will have to be quite sturdy though.

how much does it weigh? It's currently mounted to a totaled out camper at the local junkyard, I spied it driving by to work.

So, it can be pointed anywhere I want it to? If so I'll go get it Monday ;)

SatAdam said:
how much does it weigh? It's currently mounted to a totaled out camper at the local junkyard, I spied it driving by to work.

So, it can be pointed anywhere I want it to? If so I'll go get it Monday ;)

1. About 75lbs I am guessing
2. Yes.

Neal

75# isn't nothing, I put over 200# up there already, some of that mess will have to be put somewhere else (bye bye Yakima load warrior, the car carrier can stay)

YAY! I'm going to have a mobile communication trailer! ;)

Does the dish skew itself and everything??

SatAdam said:
75# isn't nothing, I put over 200# up there already, some of that mess will have to be put somewhere else (bye bye Yakima load warrior, the car carrier can stay)

YAY! I'm going to have a mobile communication trailer! ;)

I believe it does if you set your satellite as mentioned above. Honestly I have not fiddled with it much as whenever I go out I have a 1.8m or 2.4m along for Ku birds.

What controller unit came with the antenna?

Neal

Haven't picked it up yet, the ins. company is draggin' it's feet.

SatAdam said:
75# isn't nothing...

I was just reading the stuff on motosat's website, the unit weighs 105 pounds if it's the small one that looks like a Starband or Primestar oval 75e dish.

The motors do control elevation, azimuth, and skew. All the docs for installing and rewiring it are on motosat's website. It appears they're 12 vdc motors and they tell you how to apply voltage to manually move it if the controller isn't working.

hwh said:
I was just reading the stuff on motosat's website, the unit weighs 105 pounds if it's the small one that looks like a Starband or Primestar oval 75e dish.

The motors do control elevation, azimuth, and skew. All the docs for installing and rewiring it are on motosat's website. It appears they're 12 vdc motors and they tell you how to apply voltage to manually move it if the controller isn't working.

Much easier to get a new controller.

Neal

No Strings said:
Much easier to get a new controller.

Neal

The situation can exist where you have a good controller and you are stuck with no power, the dish is sticking up in the air and you need to move the RV.

You can lower (stow) the dish with a standard small 9 volt battery.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)