Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrew K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Akron, Ohio
mms_picture(1).jpg

I recently moved my dish to a new location on my roof. I'm have a motorized dish mounted on a pole that's directly attached to a roof truss with bolts. I screwed some extra wood blocking between the trusses so that every bolt was attached to something firm. This setup seems sturdy, but I also want to include a brace to prevent it from moving side to side and front to back in the wind. I did a lot of searches, but all I can find is the Directv monopole brace AU9S which is designed for a 2" diameter pole. I have a 1-5/8" pole. Is there anything people have used that I can just purchase from the hardware store? I'm trying to find something with a round shaped clamp that can go around the pole.

Muffler clamp and some conduit?? Flatten and drill the ends of the conduit. One end to clamp bolt, other to roof with lags. Paint to match.
In place of the muffler clamp, flattened end flush with pole, held tight with a SS hose clamp.

You could use the DirecTV monopoles in conjunction with a conduit clamp that would fit your 1 5/8" pole. I have used DirecTV monopoles very successfully with a motorized system. They provide excellent support.

We have 1 5/8" clamps that connect the tripod support legs to the mast on our GEOSATpro 90cm. Not sure of the part cost, but call our sales team for details if you are interested.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)