Mounting the AT9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igzo99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Guys, I just purchased an AT9 from e-bay and the seller sent me an e-mail telling me that he has them ready to ship, but asked if I would prefer the Slimline as the AT9s are being fazed out. I originally was not planning on getting a Slimline as I've heard they are heavy and require extra poles to mount. I didn't want to go that route as I was not planning on moving my existing set up.

My question is this...is it possible to mount either/or dish on the facia of my house where my current 3lnb is (which is what I was planning), or will both require a different install location due to weight?

Thanks.

AT9 and Slimline (AU9) are both 5 LNB dishes and are basically the same. Only difference is the Slimline is slightly smaller and all 5 LNBs are in one single housing.

Both are much heavier and require a 2" OD (outside diameter) mount which is bigger then the 3 LNB. And typically they should not be installed on facia as the mounting foot is also bigger then the 3LNB and it's quite a bit heavier. I personally would highly recommend a pole mount in the yard or a rood mount.

If he isn't charging extra for the "SLIMLINE" take it, it is about 5LB lighter than the AT9 but both will do exactly the same job.

Thanks guys!

Not what I wanted to hear, but at least I know the facts.

Is the 2" pole something I need to supply or does that come with the unit?

Thanks guys!

Not what I wanted to hear, but at least I know the facts.

Is the 2" pole something I need to supply or does that come with the unit?
Read the Ebay auction the mast should be included as part of the dish assembly.:)

Read the Ebay auction the mast should be included as part of the dish assembly.:)

igzo99,
The POLE will NOT be included ... If you are doing the install as it sounds, you should look at your local fence post company, usually you won't find a 2" OD, but many have had success with the 1 7/8th , as have I.
Take the post (if you go thet route and drill a hole in the bottom and place a screw or bolt or something like that thru it before you plant it in your concrete.
Total cost of thepole and concrete shoud be under $ 50 and you will know that it is done right !

Jimbo

Planting a pole in my yard is not very feasible, unless I put a tetherball on it...LOL:D

Tell me guys...is this thing so big that it needs to be achored deeply in the ground? Has anyone been successful in a patio cover tripod type install? I have a patio cover, and was thinking of putting it there...but, if it needs to be anchored w/anything more than a 1" long bolts, then I won't have that option since the bolts will be preturding through the patio sheathing...

Thanks for all your help guys!

Did you add cement or concrete to secure the pole's foundation??? I would high suggest to take this step as it may affect the pole's longevity?

Planting a pole in my yard is not very feasible, unless I put a tetherball on it...LOL:D

Tell me guys...is this thing so big that it needs to be achored deeply in the ground? Has anyone been successful in a patio cover tripod type install? I have a patio cover, and was thinking of putting it there...but, if it needs to be anchored w/anything more than a 1" long bolts, then I won't have that option since the bolts will be preturding through the patio sheathing...

Thanks for all your help guys!

The issue isn't so much the weight as much as the size, they don't want the wind and weather to be moving it.

FYI, if you know what the DISH Network Super Dish looks like, it's smaller than that ... but it gives you an idea (by at least 6").

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.