move for ps3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've got it... and it works. Though sort of like the Kinect you need to be a reasonable distance away so it can track the balls of light when you move around so it doesn't go off view of the camera. I find it much harder than the Wii, but still just as fun. When I first got the sport pack, I thought the game selection was a bit odd (like a sad rip-off from Nintendo...) But my wife and I both love the archery, frisbee golf and boccie ball games. I sort of wish there was an expansion for frisbee golf as you get tired of the same courses after awhile. Beyond that not many other games for it that we go for. I got the latest Tiger Woods game and the interface was total rubbish. You can get one player sort of working with the Move, but second player was impossible. I should try again and see if there are any updates. The game I'm waiting on is called Sorcery (Sorcery For PS3 Uses Playstation Move And Looks Amazing | Sony Insider) which looks like a great application for it.

If you have no dire reason to get it... then TBH not a huge reason to jump until more games come out. At least for Nintendo, it was the core of their Wii system so everything supported it out of the gate. For the Move they are slowly trickling in.

-Mike

Having both PS3 and an XBOX 360, I was happy these both came out about the same time. The demos set up at Best Buy allowed me to try both. I chose the Kinect for XBOX 360. Main reason was you don't need to hold anything. That made it seem easier to me. If I see a game for the PS3 Move I like, I'll probably go for it later. It isn't like these add-ons are going to break the bank.

Having both PS3 and an XBOX 360, I was happy these both came out about the same time. The demos set up at Best Buy allowed me to try both. I chose the Kinect for XBOX 360. Main reason was you don't need to hold anything. That made it seem easier to me. If I see a game for the PS3 Move I like, I'll probably go for it later. It isn't like these add-ons are going to break the bank.

When you are at CES you need to go to Best Buy and show me your moves. LOL

What I heard is that Sony is trying to go more in the direction of adapting the Move to its current library (use it for games that already exist) as will as a few Move only games. Whereas Microsoft is going more in the direction of Kinect only games

What I heard is that Sony is trying to go more in the direction of adapting the Move to its current library (use it for games that already exist) as will as a few Move only games. Whereas Microsoft is going more in the direction of Kinect only games

While Sony has patched fewer than 10 recent titles with Move support (MAG, Heavy Rain, Tiger Woods 11, Toy Story 3, NBA2K11, Eye Pet, Little League WS'10, RE5) and a few PSN titles, I wouldn't say they are any less interested in releasing new games for the Move than Microsoft. Now perhaps Microsoft has more new games for the Kinnect actually announced at this point, but I really don't see Sony going back and patching any more catalogue titles. It just wouldn't be practical from both a programming and marketing standpoint. At least I don't see any others on this list of existing and announced Move titles: List of games compatible with PlayStation Move - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just got the Move the other day, and I am very pleasantly surprised with it. I have only played with the Wii a few times, however, just playing the Sports Champions game which came with the bundle, I found it rather intuitive. Disc Golf was great fun. In fact, I was playing Gladiator Duel, and before I knew it, I had worked up a sweat. I actually got it because my wife wanted to do the "Get Fit with Mel B" fitness game, which I have gotten her for Christmas.

I agree, they need to have a Disc Golf only game with multiple courses, would be even cooler if you could play with a buddy over PSN.

The best part about Sport Champions however is the ability to play custom tracks. I love playing 18 holes with The Tossers or Flatfoot 56 going in the background.

I won the PS3 Move at the Satguys party and looking forward to adding it to my home theater system.

I see Move has a couple of good looking Shooting and target games along with pistols, rifles and even a machine gun for a more realistic feel. The Kinect doesn't that I know of so this interests me. I've enjoyed the Kinect for the past several weeks and finally got the Kinect adequately located for a good experience with my projector home theater screen. Mostly the Kinect is good for exercising, so I look forward to Move for more skill type activity, like target practice that is realistic.

I'll have to figure out how best to mount the camera sensor in my room.

Finally got the Move prize connected to the PS3 with a 26 ft extension USB cable. It set up and works fine. Only played the one game that came with it Ping pong table tennis so far. Since I also have ping pong on the XBOX Kinect. I have to say this first shoot out experience goes to the Kinect as the game runs more exciting and the system tracks more movement. I think the real advantage to the Move will be with the shooting games. After CES I plan to buy one of the pistols and rifles and a hunting or arcade Move game.

I got the Move camera sensor mounted top center of my FP screen to sense the same sweet spot as with my Kinect.

We got the Move for Christmas. Got the pack that came with EyePet (for the youngest).
The annoying thing is that EyePet requires the camera to be about a foot or so from the floor, and not my sweet spot on top of the TV. I'm thinking of putting velco strips in both spots to make moving it easier.

Also need to pick up an extention cable, as where I have the PS3 the cable barely reaches.

My wife and I tried the Tiger Woods game again, and this time worked MUCH better. There are a couple glitches (one being you have to hold the select button down for awhile before the Move will lock on.) The other is that it's a bit finicky with the swing where you need to give it a second while vertical and hold the trigger button or else it gets lost and nothing happens when you swing. :) Still wish there were a few more games with that; hopefully 2011 will bring a few more.

-Mike

I chose the PS3 and the move over Xbox 360 and the connect cause I felt the exact opposite and prefered to have something to hold rather than me be the controller.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)