move oops.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DROPmeNthaMIDDLE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2006
West Hartford, CT
One of my receivers is ready to bite the dust. I was thinking if I call DirecTV up, they're gonna wanna send me a new one. However, I "moved." Is it going to be a problem for them to send a new box to my P.O. Box, or do I have to move back? Can I buy a new receiver at Best Buy or someplace? Thanks, guys.

They will NOT send a receiver to a PO Box. Do you still have your "real" address as your shipping address? I "moved" as well. Although I never had to replace a receiver, I did order a new one from DirecTV's website and had it shipped to my shipping address. To swap out though, you would probably have to move back. I would be afraid to ask them to ship the replacement to my shipping address for fear it may raise some kind of red flag with the CSR. Maybe someone who has "moved" and swapped out receivers" can tell you better than I can if there is a way to do it without moving back. Or you could go to Best Buy but you would pay a lot out of pocket for a receiver that you won't own especially for just a replacement.

One of my receivers is ready to bite the dust. I was thinking if I call DirecTV up, they're gonna wanna send me a new one. However, I "moved." Is it going to be a problem for them to send a new box to my P.O. Box, or do I have to move back? Can I buy a new receiver at Best Buy or someplace? Thanks, guys.

Have them send it to you at your work address since "nobody is home in the daytime and the neighborhood kids might steal it if left at the door".

They will NOT send a receiver to a PO Box. Do you still have your "real" address as your shipping address? I "moved" as well. Although I never had to replace a receiver, I did order a new one from DirecTV's website and had it shipped to my shipping address. To swap out though, you would probably have to move back. I would be afraid to ask them to ship the replacement to my shipping address for fear it may raise some kind of red flag with the CSR. Maybe someone who has "moved" and swapped out receivers" can tell you better than I can if there is a way to do it without moving back. Or you could go to Best Buy but you would pay a lot out of pocket for a receiver that you won't own especially for just a replacement.

Mmm. Nope. I changed my service address and my billing address in the same call because I thought it would make a more convincing "move." Oops. I'll just buy a new one. Are they gonna give me a hard time when I activate it?

This leads to sort of a larger question of how do you get caught moving? The only thing I can think of where it can go wrong (outside of system failure) is if maybe somebody signs up for D* at the address you moved to. That's why I was thinking of moving to a Dish Network retailer, and then I thought about Martha Stewart's house because I noticed she doesn't have a dish on the roof, then I considered various Planned Parenthoods and vets. I ended up moving to a church. :angel:

As I use the there systmes every day I will fill you in on some things

We could care less if the billing and the service address are the same.

update your billing address and when you order tell the people that you needed it sent to your billing address as there no one to accept packages at your service address. They can and will do this.

Most of the accounts I see on a daily basis have different service and billing address. So it nothing new and pretty ordinary

Thanks, Stone Cold! Reassuring! A lifetime ban from D* would be depressing.

I won't ask, just a comment - if you can't trust where you work - you need to work somewhere else. You spend 1/3 of your life there.

It's not so much my workplace. It's the city that my workplace happens to be in. I'm not in the "Oh, it's nothin' but Latin Kings, and the mayors who love them" crowd, but Hartford is kind of a ghetto. And it's summer stabbing season, so... yeah.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)