Moved House no line of sight now I have too wait

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulinespens

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
KY
I changed 3 months ago from Dish to Directv. I then moved house which was something I wasn't planning on but it happened.

A Tech came out last Thursday too reinstall my equipment and told me that he could not get a line of sight. He said that I would have to wait too Tuesday for his supervisor too confirm this.

Does anyone know what the probabilty of this being confirmed will be?

I also think the wait is long enough as we are missing tv.

Ive also got a dishnetwork installation on hold.

I don't really want cable either.

You moved the house?

Maybe if you could post some photos of the property looking toward the install coordinates we could venture a guess.

That wait time is not that long at all.

The wait time is long after the stress of moving and underwriting. Im on vacation this week and I need a rest. It takes time to find another provider incase dish can't get a line of sight either.

Personally I think a supervisor should come out next day and not make you wait. They won't even tell me a time or a date. You can order a new system or have a fault and get someone out the same day. Why wait for a supervisor?

I can't take photos my camera don't like windows 7 and I don't have a card reader. There is 2 tall trees in the way on a neighbours property.

Unless the installation is somehow very complicated (either by the physical circumstances or a long list of unsolicited customer demands), I'd go with the original installer's assessment.

That they can't snap their fingers and produce a supervisor isn't surprising. Pretty much everyone has a schedule to keep.

I feel your pain but unfortunately this is how it works.

About 2-3 years back I decided I wanted HD (upgrade from SD) and was told there was no LOS. 2 Supervisor visits in a month confirmed this. I was told by the 2nd supervisor that I would have to wait about a year till DTV is done with its switch/move of Satellites till I can get HD with the LOS that I have. Called them a year later and they did not even want to come over. Had to call Customer Service to get a tech over who simply told me no LOS. Called a Supervisor again who miraculously said that I can actually get HD but I may run into an issue with the Universal HD (and some other channels). Either way I went for it and got it. Have been pretty happy with it for most of the part.

Only regret I have is that they did not put the Slimline 3 but put the Slimline 5 satellite in place. I always get the daily reminders about 'Your receiver has not received guide information for XXX hours'. Kind of annoying but does not bother me much.

Good luck and stay persistent. I would try to get another opinion after the supervisor if it is not favorable.

So what will happen when the supervisor comes? If he can get a line of sight will he do the installation or do I have too wait again?

So what will happen when the supervisor comes? If he can get a line of sight will he do the installation or do I have too wait again?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the supervisor in my case DID NOT come with any hardware. He could not perform the install but set it up for a week later.

Supervisors don't generally do installs. You may be able to use a pole mount somewhere on the property to get los.

Supervisors don't generally do installs. You may be able to use a pole mount somewhere on the property to get los.

well ive been in all day lol the supervisor came didn't knock on the door. I got a phone call saying he could not get line of site so I guess it good bye directv.

Ive got dish coming tomorrow (I ordered from thedishstore.net I was impressed with there customer service)

well ive been in all day lol the supervisor came didn't knock on the door. I got a phone call saying he could not get line of site so I guess it good bye directv.

Ive got dish coming tomorrow (I ordered from thedishstore.net I was impressed with there customer service)

hate to bust it to you, but if you can't get Direc, then you will most likely not get Dish. DirecTV has a better line of site on the east coast than Dish.

hate to bust it to you, but if you can't get Direc, then you will most likely not get Dish. DirecTV has a better line of site on the east coast than Dish.

Im still going to try just incase there is that small chance I can get it. I just don't want to go back to Insight cable who I call Inshite

How many visits would you pay for?

You need to present a line of sight before the work, FREE WORK, can begin. Just because you think the world is flat is not proof. What did these folks who have already been there state....MOVE BUILDING? ........CUT TREE?.........NO f**kIN WAY?..........POLE MOUNT REQUIRED?...........WHAT?

Joe

Thats interesting ..... you have a better chance of having LOS with D* than you do with E*.

BTW, why didn't you try a local installation company to see if you have a LOS, that would have probably been much quicker for you.

Thats interesting ..... you have a better chance of having LOS with D* than you do with E*.

BTW, why didn't you try a local installation company to see if you have a LOS, that would have probably been much quicker for you.

Ive just had someone from Directv call me again saying we can call someone out again. Im like well I got a call yesterday a supervisor came out and said no line of site. So whats the point.

So its just a matter of wait and see if I can get dish before I see what happens next.

hate to bust it to you, but if you can't get Direc, then you will most likely not get Dish.
Given that many have two shots at getting DISH Network that are widely separated, chances are much better than with DIRECTV.
DirecTV has a better line of site on the east coast than Dish.
I sincerely doubt that is the case. DISH's East Coast satellites (61.5W, 72.7W and 77W) are several degrees higher above the horizon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.