Changing the name and bill pay on an account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flyingscotsman32

Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
I am a college student who is moving into a rental property in about 6 weeks. Because the my roommates have been abroad since January, I have been in charge of setting up the television services for our house next year. When I was doing my initial research, I concluded that D* would be the best service for us, considering the plethora of sports you only get on D*. That was until I found out that you had to lock into a contract with D* for 24 months in order to receive the packages that we wanted. My roommates and I will only be residing there until May 31, 2012, a few days after we graduate. Because of this, I concluded that D* wasn't for us.

However, I know four underclassman who want to live in this property next year who also want DIRECTV. Is there any way for me to put the account and services in my name from, say, July 1 of this year through May 31 of next year, and then switch the contact and billing to the new tenants for the remainder of the contract?

My answer would be NO but I have nothing to do with Directv so I suggest call and ask them. The worst they can say is no.

I concur with the above mostl likely being no. BUT who owns the property? Maybe you can have them setup the account and the tenants pay the pills.

You can keep D* until you graduate and pay the etf after graduation. Or go down to one receiver and the lowest package that is available when you graduate.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

.. Or you can simply take it with you to wherever you move next. The dish stays with the house, so the underclassmen can then start their own account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)