Moved my edd's Hopper wants to reformat one that I've used for years.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Yesterday, I repositioned my ehd's on onw of my HWS's. I had 2 of them hooked up. System rebooted and now it only sees one of them. I keep getting the reformat message on the other. I've tried both soft and hard reboots. Left it hooked up for the overnight update. Changed which usb port it's hooked up to, but nothing works
The only thing I haven't done yet is to see if my other Hopper sees it.
Any thoughts?

Yesterday, I repositioned my ehd's on onw of my HWS's. I had 2 of them hooked up. System rebooted and now it only sees one of them. I keep getting the reformat message on the other. I've tried both soft and hard reboots. Left it hooked up for the overnight update. Changed which usb port it's hooked up to, but nothing works
The only thing I haven't done yet is to see if my other Hopper sees it.
Any thoughts?

You are the go-to-man if anyone has issues with EHDs! I think you posted one time many years ago, but when are you going to have time to watch all them there recordings? Hope you get your issue cleared up. You may have worn out the USB port! :confused:

Not a hopper but I transferred a bunch of recordings off a 722 to a new western digital 1 tb a few weeks ago. Tried to access the following day & it wanted to format. Received a replacement 722 since then & the same result. It's frustrating, have a new ehd sitting here & can't use unless I format it which was done prior to transferring recordings. :(

Well, did a csr chat. He sent a hit. No change. Moved the ehd to my other Hopper. Same result. My best guess at this time is the ehd is bad. I will try the reformat to see if I can save it. Otherwise, time for a new one.

Reformatted on a Hopper. Luckily it was only an old 320 gb drive. Had an empty 500 gb drive that was already formatted. Put that on in addition to the 2 tb ehd that I also have.

Just for future thought in case you didn't, I've found that a reboot alone does not always work. What HAS always worked for me is powering down the EHDs before reboot. When finished, turn on EHD one at a time and wait for screen message that you have connected a USB device, etc, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)