"Moved" Now Fuzzy Picture On Locals Only

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I really don't want to mess with the dish or have to pay someone to do it. Especially since this this is a temporary move. when I go to the hd channels I have 0 signal strength now. Any chance that cleveland would work? I'm only about 89 miles from cleveland

I really don't want to mess with the dish or have to pay someone to do it. Especially since this this is a temporary move. when I go to the hd channels I have 0 signal strength now. Any chance that cleveland would work? I'm only about 89 miles from cleveland

Cleveland should work fine, but then again, so should Columbus. Did you check your signals on 103 t22? How about all of your signal levels on all of the satellites? If your dish is really aligned well, you should have mid 80's and above for the CONUS beams.

On sat 103 t 22 I am getting a94 signal strength

I'm pretty sure that's the spot beam for Columbus. If so, you don't have a signal strength problem. My guess is a bad lnb or loose connection somewhere. Do you have problems with other channels or just the locals?

Just the HD locals....the SD local channels work perfectly. All my conusb channels work perfectly too including nfl sunday ticket

So now at 830 pm the hd locals are working fine...?? And now I'm even more confused

So now at 830 pm the hd locals are working fine...?? And now I'm even more confused

That lends credence to my bad lnb theory. Sometimes the heat of the day will affect it, but it is okay at night. It sounds like you need a service call, sorry to say. Have you checked all of your connections to make sure they are tight?

That is a possibility...but would the heat only affect the hd channels and none of the other ones? Is it possible for the lnb to affect only hd locals? Like I said before the sd locals have workcorrectd all day no issues. Tomorrow the forecast calls for mid 50's and overcast so I guess if theyre working all day tomorrow your theory could be correct

That is a possibility...but would the heat only affect the hd channels and none of the other ones? Is it possible for the lnb to affect only hd locals? Like I said before the sd locals have workcorrectd all day no issues. Tomorrow the forecast calls for mid 50's and overcast so I guess if theyre working all day tomorrow your theory could be correct

Hey, it's only a theory! ;)

Yes, but why would the hd locals have reception issues if the national channels don't?

Because they are on a spotbeam. The SD and HD locals are on different spotbeams, which explains why one can e received and the other set cannot. The national channels are available nationwde on the CONUS beam. It is actually pretty simple. The person very likely is out of the range of the HD spotbeam. It is also possible that conditions can change enough to get a fringe signal from the beam at certain times of the day.

Because they are on a spotbeam. The SD and HD locals are on different spotbeams, which explains why one can e received and the other set cannot. The national channels are available nationwde on the CONUS beam. It is actually pretty simple. The person very likely is out of the range of the HD spotbeam. It is also possible that conditions can change enough to get a fringe signal from the beam at certain times of the day.

Yes, but he is well within the spotbeam. That's why I don't understand having no issue with the CONUS channels, but the spotbeams are, well, spotty!

As of this writing the hd locals are now working. It is cool and cloudy...maybe it is the lnb?

Just an update now the sun has come out and I am now losing signal. Is it possible the sun is interfering with the signal? Last night the locals worked fine and earlier this morning when it was cloudy they worked fine as well...is it possible the heat from the sun is messing with the lnb? Anyone ever heard of this?

Just an update now the sun has come out and I am now losing signal. Is it possible the sun is interfering with the signal? Last night the locals worked fine and earlier this morning when it was cloudy they worked fine as well...is it possible the heat from the sun is messing with the lnb? Anyone ever heard of this?

Absolutely the heat could be a factor. Can you get another lnb to try? Have you checked all of your connections?

No unfortunately I don't have another lnb..and even if I switched back to the erie locals I wouldn't be able to check the reception due to the fact that erie locals are coming through conus national feeds of abc ny and fox ny..i did check the connections and they all seem solid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.