"Moved" NYC... Heard about Atl...

ghostyroastytoasty

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Beckley, WV
Should I move again for the ATL locals, or should I stick with NYC?? I also have the NHL CI package to watch Penguins games.. but they play the NY and NJ teams a lot so they get blacked out on the HD CI, and get broadcast on the SD NY locals. I wouldn't think they would worry about how often I move correct? As long as I am a paying customer in good standing?

You have to be careful where you 'move' to as it will affect the channels you get. Once Pitts plays the local team the blackout will occur and if you do not have tthe local rsn channel in HD you will have the same result. It may also affect your local channels as well depending on whether you subscribe to them.

Ghosty,

I live just a few miles north of Charleston, WV and recently "moved" to ATL. I chose ATL because I'd have to somehow clear a hill with tall trees to get 61.5. I got a nice surprise as I was able to get the SD locals from ATL in addition to the HD locals. If you get the 129, then ATL is definitely an option.

I have both 129 and 61.5 hooked up.. I'm not sure ho many more times they play the thrashers this season... but I do know they play NY and NJ teams all the time

It appears the Pens play the Thrashers 4 times a year. There's one game left this year (March 2).

Pittsburgh's locals are on HD, but they are on the 118 satellite. That requires a 1000+ or a superdish with a repoint kit. Both options will probably require some $$.

I wouldn't be able to reaim my Dish 500 that is currently set to 61.5?
Unfortunately, that wouldn't work. 118 is a low-power KSS? satellite that requires a larger dish. There's all kinds of information here on what it takes to get the 118. Just do a search for either 118 or 118.75 and you'll see. When I was deciding where to "move", that was the only reason I eliminated Pittsburgh.

So is everything on 129 conus? HD and SD? The reason I live in NY is because that's the only place I can get CW also with conus. I have 61.5 but I could point it at 129 no problem.

So is everything on 129 conus? HD and SD? The reason I live in NY is because that's the only place I can get CW also with conus. I have 61.5 but I could point it at 129 no problem.

If you are talking about the NY dma CW, that is on 119 and not in HD (as least not yet). It can also be purchased seperately if you local market does not have a CW (although you may get another market's CW as part of the local package) or as part of the superstation's package, (Again none of these CW's would be in HD.)

Yes, I understand it's not HD but I can still get it because CW is conus with NY so I can receive it with my locals. What I was asking is if any of the HD local cities have CW that are also conus and not spotbeam? Don't really care if it's hd or sd. I've lived in Phili and DC and CW is on spotbeam in both cities. What about Atl or Chicago? Thanks

can I ask a dumb question, how do yall "move", about a month ago I called Dish and asked to move so I could get another set of locals in HD, but they told me I was only allowed the locals in my DMA, they forwarded me to All American, but they dont carry locals in HD...where did I go wrong...I am in the Tampa, Florida DMA, and they offer no locals in HD here..I have an FTA antenna, but would rather get them through my sat

can I ask a dumb question, how do yall "move", about a month ago I called Dish and asked to move so I could get another set of locals in HD, but they told me I was only allowed the locals in my DMA, they forwarded me to All American, but they dont carry locals in HD...where did I go wrong...I am in the Tampa, Florida DMA, and they offer no locals in HD here..I have an FTA antenna, but would rather get them through my sat

Hook an OTA antenna through your sat receiver.

thats how I have my FTA hooked up now, through my reciever, what I should have said I want to get them without using an FTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts