"Moved" to Atlanta - Issue w 61.5 and 129 Sat for locals

matterinoman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Issue:
Sometimes when I select the local channels I get the searching for satellite screen (error code 015) followed by the error message:
Sorry for the interruption. There is no need to call us. We are working to have this channel back as soo as possible...

A) Error only comes when receiver tries to get channels from 61.5 Sat.
When I press the info button twice on the screen before I get the error message it shows that the channel is coming from 61.5. Same goes for any other channel (non-local) when I press info twice on any given channel

B) Other times locals work fine as well as all other channels and when I select info twice on any given channel it shows I am receiving the channel from the 129 Sat.

So, my question is this: How can I direct the receiver to ignore the 61.5 Satellite? Do I have to get on the roof to disable the sat (very hard given this is an apartment complex) or do I have an alternative? And why does the receiver seem to choose at random which Sat to get the channels from?

To my knowledege I have no reason for the 61.5 Sat since all the locals on that sat are spot beam (Im on west coast) and all the natl channels are mirrored on the 129.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Regards.
Sat Man-Dish Fan

Equipment:
Dish 622
Absolute HD Package + Cinemax
Satellites: 119/110/120/61.5 (61.5 on Dual device)

Where on the West Coast ???

If you can hit the 61.5 on the West Coast, consider yourself lucky. However, if you want 129, I think you'll have to disable the 61.5...however, I urge you to await responses from the technical experts on this forum.

correct-physical address is in so-cal,

so any experts out there to confirm that I should unplug the 61.5 sat and then I am all set? Also, how do I know which sat on roof is 61.5 sat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)