"moved' tonight to escape north east black out on NHL network for Flyers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I kept Comcast Sports Network Chicago and picked up Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Wisconsin. This was with my choice package. I would think I should get FS Midwest with my original area but no. Maybe because I have choice only.

FSN North and FSN Wisco go together since Wisco is just game only part time. What teams you get depends on location.

Well, I get:
YES Network HD (Ch. 631) - HD Available
?New Jersey Nets (HD Available)

?Yankees (HD Available)

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 634) - HD Available
?New Jersey Devils (HD Available)

?New York Islanders (HD Available)

?New York Knicks (HD Available)

?New York Rangers (HD Available)

MSG Plus HD (Ch. 635) - HD Available

SportsNet New York HD (Ch. 639) - HD Available
?Mets (HD Available)

Well, I get:
YES Network HD (Ch. 631) - HD Available
?New Jersey Nets (HD Available)

?Yankees (HD Available)

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 634) - HD Available

MSG Plus HD (Ch. 635) - HD Available

SportsNet New York HD (Ch. 639) - HD Available
?Mets (HD Available)

Moving looks very tempting....

so I "moved" today to catch a blacked-out football game for tomorrow...I changed the zip code in the setup and the new local channels are showing in the guide, but no local channels. I'm only receiving an error message stating "Searching for signal on Satellite In 2...(771). What step am I missing?

Most local channels are on spot beams, so if you "move" too far away from where you really are, you won't be in the coverage area to receive that signal.

If you want the locals you have to choose a market that your in the spot beam. I moved 90 miles away and get a 95 signal on that locals transponder. Spot beams usually have a 150-200 mile radius.

So I'm in 11706 - Long Island, NY. Was blacked out of the Devils@Flyers game on NHLN tonight. I called in and "moved" to 28791 Hendersonville, NC. The game was no longer blacked out. I no longer have channel 2, 5 and the high 300s local channels are all screwed up.

I redid the satellite setup and put in my 'new' zip code. Still same issues. So does this zip not get local channels like my 11706 zip?

How long should I wait until I "move back" ?
It is entirely possible you are now well outside the footprint of the Asheville/Greenville/Spartanburg DMA.. If you don't get chs 4, 7 13 or 21 you're outise the footprint of ther spot beam..
BTW , the DEvils are on NHLN about 4 times this season.. I checked. It isn't worth the hassle...BTW why do you not get the game on MSG or MSG +?.....National broadcasts usually do not supercede a broadcast in the teams' local markets

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts