Movies on Cuban TV @ Hispasat 30w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
since nobody responded to the other thread I'll put this weeks's listings here

Conky,

Don't feel that your work at posting the Cubavision schedule is going unnoticed. At Least not by me. I truly do know where you post it and I do refer to it often. I was just being lazy that night and just started watching the movie without knowing what it was. It was kind of a treat, if you know what I mean.

I tell you what the main issue is... Detrmining when the movie starts and ends so that a person can set the PVR to record it nicely (without lopping off the start or the end). They always seem to put a little segment in between the movies and I don't know how long that piece lasts, so you cannot figure out exactly when to set the start time and end time for the recording. Unless you are right there on top of it.

You see what they do with the movie listings on Saturday nights, no start or end times.

RADAR

I am one who appreciates your work on that guide. I don't read Spanish so even navigating their site is a nightmare for me.
Every once in a great while I get lucky and dumb luck strikes and I can sorta figure out something in their list.

So yes, thank you! :)

I'd be watching, at least recording, more if they did have a set start time. But being a government run channel, it's probably much like any other gov program - hurry up 'n wait.

I also appreciate the heads up for the movies,
Now my 2 cents tonight there is scheduled a movie (in spanish they show it as "The Director") with Robert De Niro and Sean Penn, about the life of Art Linson a Hollywood Producer,
after that a movie with the late John Candy and Meg Ryan, "Armed and Dangerous",
The first movie is scheduled at 10 45 PM (Eastern)

It's like, I wish I could put the newest post first, for the thread. Would be even nicer if they'd schedule a time, and stick to it, as I am not always available to hit record, especially on the weekends. Hey, I just noticed the "Like" button. Must be something new. The American tomorrow at 10:10 pm, Going to start recording at 9, just in case.

It's like, I wish I could put the newest post first, for the thread. Would be even nicer if they'd schedule a time, and stick to it, as I am not always available to hit record, especially on the weekends. Hey, I just noticed the "Like" button. Must be something new. The American tomorrow at 10:10 pm, Going to start recording at 9, just in case.

Yep, I know, they don´t always stick to the scheduled time, and sometimes they will air a different movie than the one schedule... but well... I´m still glad they show them without any commercial cuts!!!

No need to record from 9 pm ET on saturdays , the 10:10 pm ("News" at 8 pm and Brasil soap opera at 9 pm weekedays) is probably one of the ones that they stick to it since those are highly popular TV shows in Cuba where every one knows they will start at those historically set times. Well that is if Castro or since the last few years Hugo Chavez does not give a speech because then you will have to wait, lol. And sometimes even after 12 midnight after Castro gave a 3 hour long speech they will cancel the Brasilian soap opera without warning!, lol. I still remember my mother being so mad because she either waited or woke up that late to watch her soap opera to find nothing , lol.

In any case it will be later but never earlier than 10:10 pm. They acctually try to stick to the schedule most of the time but they will never "join already started programming" like network affiliates will mostly do here , they will rather forget about the schedule , and start the show from the beginning despite falling behind the schedule. The reality is that the same way British are world known for their punctuality (always on time at the exact time) , Cubans are also known for not caring for any schedule at all. Do not even expect a Cuban friend of yours to show on time for anything that you agreed each other since even when walking towards the meeting place the Cuban more likely will "fall behind schedule" by just stopping to enjoying the "view" from the women around him or simply try to chat to one of them. It is the nature of the beast I guess, lol. Cuba has always being known among Cubans (even when americans were there and therefore business and society was functioning as it is suppose to) as "El pais de la Ciguaraya". I have no idea if I have ever seen a Ciguaraya tree before, probably did but did not notice or know, but the frase means than anything is possible in Cuba since everybody is just enjoying life without much care. Not that I agree with it but it mostly reflects why things happen the way they do in Cuba and that includes the TV schelule.

Late late movies are affected by the news section at around 12 midnight that I am sure not even the news show director knows how long it is going to be as that strongly depends on what they consider news on that particular day , always subject to a Castro speech that beleive it or not they will also show a "summarized" version (if the speech was 3 hours the version is at least 30 min!) even if the speech just finished! lol.

No wonder for the last 15 years babies in Cuba are no longer briefly spanked in their butt as in any other country by their delivery doctors. Cuban doctors beleive that method is more dangerous than the current one they are now using under the circunstances. In case you are wondering , Cuban delivery doctors for the last 15 years or so , now simply tell the babies Welcome to Cuba! and babies no matter their genes miraculously they just start crying!. Only in Cuba you might say, lol

Nope. that's going to be 9pm Central.[97W]I'll trim with Format Factory.
Cuban delivery doctors for the last 15 years or so , now simply tell the babies Welcome to Cuba!
LoL~RoF

Monday
10am Babe (1995)TR
1030pm The Third Man (1949)one of the all time greatest films
? Mirrors 2: Evil Lives (2010)
? Ondine (2009)

Tuesday
11am Shrek TR subs?
? Equilibrium (2002)

Wednesday
11am Spy Kids (2001)TR subbed?
? A Soldier's Daughter Never Cries (1998)TR
? Camilla (1994)
? Retrograde (2004)

Thursday
? Wicker Park (2004)TR
? Bread and Roses (2000)
? Widows' Peak (1994)

Friday
11am Treasure Island Kids: The Battle of Treasure Island (2004)TR subbed?
8 Sting and Edin Karamazov concert ED
1045pm Allegro (2005)
? Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (2002)
? Lovely & Amazing (2002)TR

Saturday
3 Wuthering Heights (TV 2003)TR
6 I Hate Valentine's Day (2009)ED
950pm Man in the Chair (2007)ED
1010pm The Killer Inside Me (2010)
? Judas Kiss (1998)
? Solitary Man (2009)
? Dark Storm (TV 2006)
? Ace of Hearts (2008)

Sunday
sometime after1pm Letters to Juliet (2010)
1033pm The Other Man (2008)TR
after midnight monday Vipers (TV 2008)
? Dogboys (TV 1998)

movies aimed at children or on the Educativo channels are frequently dubbed in spanish
These listings are occasionally incorrect. the listings they show after the midnight news "DE MADRUGADA EN TV" are much better.
TV shows
Grey's Anatomy, Dirty Sexy money, CSI, The Mentalist, Boardwalk Empire, Glee, True Blood
all times pm eastern unless otherwise indicated
?=indeterminate starting time, some time between 11pm and dawn the next day
TR=TeleRebelde, ED= Educativo, ED2= Educativo2 everything else is Cubavision
What are the movies about? highlight Title and year, rightclick and select "search google for..."
Confirm all listings on Cartelera de la Televisión Cubana - Juventud Rebelde - Diario de la juventud cubana
starting times are prone to be vague/inaccurate/nonexistant

After reading this old thread I'm sure I'm going to enjoy Cubavision.

I watched "Contraband" last night on Cubavision, I think it came out in 2012. It started about 9:10 PM CDT.

About 70% Q on a Openbox S9/3ABN 90cm/SG2100/No-name LNBF combo. It's about 12 degrees elevation from here, I use diseqc 1.2 to move to 30W, USALS on all others.

Attachments

• Sat 3ABN SG2100 30W Hispasat Rear.jpg
    Sat 3ABN SG2100 30W Hispasat Rear.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Sat 3ABN SG2100 30W Hispasat Front.jpg
    Sat 3ABN SG2100 30W Hispasat Front.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 156
Checking the schedule, I see tonight (East times) The Good Wife 10:20 PM, Movie Meeting Evil (2012) with Samuel L. Jacson at 1:05 AM, I can see it´s a pain to post the schedule here even knowing spanish, for example previous to the movie there is a series titled "Perfil del Crimen", they do not always translate the US names accurately, I have a hunch that series could be "Criminal Minds" but I guess I´d have to watch it to know for sure....:confused:

I'm very happy I found this thread. I've been trying to justify to my girlfriend just why the heck there should be a dish on our balcony when it only sees a small slice of the sky. Now I know that it happens to be the small slice with good movies and shows.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)