Movies!, on GeoSat micro HD Pro disappears

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TvMind

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
Montreal
Hi all, got this strange behaviour lately on my Geosat micro HD Pro, where if I go to another channel then come back to Movies! , it's gone, requiring a fresh blind scan.
In other words if I stay on the channel it's fine, otherwise a channel change causes me to lose it and the only way to get it back is by rescanning that transponder, or I do the whole bird on Vertical polarity. Now I have the same firmware I've had for years ,I haven't reached nowhere near the channel capacity of the box, and have tried unplugging ,powering down, etc. This only happens on 101 W, with both 'Ch-1" (hmm I think I've answered my own question, could a naming conflict cause this ? - both one religious channel and Movies!, scan in as "ch-1").

Anyhow I wonder if anybody else is experiencing this problem, or this is a bug or some issue with Movies!

I was tempted to re-flash, but didn't want to go to the trouble just yet.
Geez I've got to shorten the name of that box ... GMHDP ? or micro HD ?

Thanks

Ah that makes sense never noticed how close the tps were. Thanks for the link.
Always reluctant to upgrade as newer sw releases have their own new bugs.
I'm still on Jan.31 2013 and no complaints.
Will try it out.

Did not even notice I did not have Movies so I scanned it in. And guess what, the black screen appeared when going to MeTV. Had to turn off receiver to get it to reset. Using the Amiko Nano. So this problem is not just with the Micro.

Last edited:
Did not even notice I did not have Movies so I scanned it in. And guess what, the black screen appeared when going to MeTV. Had to turn off receiver to get it to reset. Using the Amiko Nano. So this problem is not just with the Micro.

I had the same issue with my nano but after a reboot all was fine.

Just checked during a commercial while watching Perry Mason. Went to Movies for a few seconds then back to MeTv. Sound for 3/4 a second and black screen. S & Q still there, just no sound or picture. Rebooted to get MeTv back on. Reboots not fixing problem here. Will mess with ID and maybe pids Wednesday morning.

Reboot still works for me. Ive found if I go to another channel first when switching from movies to metv, or vice versa, it will switch with no issues.

I found some time today to "mess" with the Me/Movie problem. Not only does looking at MeTv, switching over to Movies, then back to Me, it wipes out sound and video for MeTV and all channels everywhere. Then I checked other sats and channels. They are all W/O audio and video. Black screen. All the numbers are there including S & Q. Sounds rather odd. Turn off nano and all is back when back on. So I deleted Movies and all is OK now.
I will just not look at Movies and call it a new type of encryption: "Wipe out your receiver" if you look at Movies!:(
Meow......

I don't seem to have that problem with my Bug filled azbox. I started a thread about it over at the fridge this morning. Hopefully it will bring some response.

I found some time today to "mess" with the Me/Movie problem. Not only does looking at MeTv, switching over to Movies, then back to Me, it wipes out sound and video for MeTV and all channels everywhere. Then I checked other sats and channels. They are all W/O audio and video. Black screen. All the numbers are there including S & Q. Sounds rather odd. Turn off nano and all is back when back on. So I deleted Movies and all is OK now.
I will just not look at Movies and call it a new type of encryption: "Wipe out your receiver" if you look at Movies!:(

I think I have it fixed. By changing my display settings (switched from 1080i to 1080p), I can now switch from movies to any other channel without issue.

I think I have it fixed. By changing my display settings (switched from 1080i to 1080p), I can now switch from movies to any other channel without issue.
Interesting. But my 65" projection HDTV manufactured in 2004 goes nuts when you switch to 1080P. This could be fixed if you would buy me a new flat panel for Christmas.:)
Meow

I also have a projection TV (Hitachi crt projection 1080i) manufactured around the same time. In the settings menu of the nano, choose preference> a/v control>1080p_60 or 720p_60. Either one will work as long as you are using the 60 htz refresh rate.

Last edited:
I also have a projection TV (Hitachi crt projection 1080i) manufactured around the same time. In the settings menu of the nano, choose preference> a/v control>1080p_60 or 720p_60. Either one will work as long as you are using the 60 htz refresh rate.
Yes, that is what I have done. In fact, I even took my small, year old, bedroom TV and connected it to the Nano. Changed settings on the Nano to 1080P-60. Works fine on new TV. So I know I had the setting correct. Switched to the big TV and it goes nuts. Mine is a Mitsubishi. It just cannot handle 1080P. Oh well........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)