Moving and need advice for an antenna

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I will be moving approx. 25 miles south in the next month or 2. I was thinking of buying a Clearstream 2 antenna and using it indoors as I am moving into an apartment. Or is another better? I am going to try and attatch my TVfool report here. If the link doesn't work let me know and I'll post the whole page. I am looking for the local channels pretty much. Not trying to pull in distant stations, especially since the antenna will be indoors. Thanks, Andy :bow
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=d2434f59772bba

I personally would be looking for an outdoor solution as most is fairly weak. but if indoors is all you can do -
First off the Clearstream is a UHF antenna so may do OK on the top two stations on the list. (real channels 13 and above)
Being they are almost 180° apart, may have to aim the back towards the stronger WELF.
The next three stations are VHF Hi. (real channels 7-13) So I'd also consider an HD1080X (???)

I personally would be looking for an outdoor solution as most is fairly weak. but if indoors is all you can do -
First off the Clearstream is a UHF antenna so may do OK on the top two stations on the list. (real channels 13 and above)
Being they are almost 180° apart, may have to aim the back towards the stronger WELF.
The next three stations are VHF Hi. (real channels 7-13) So I'd also consider an HD1080X (???)
I'd second the HD-1080 at 60 miles LOS I've used it successfully. You can also leave the reflector elements folded to gain some gain from the back side.

Thanks to you both for the replies. I found out today I CAN have an outdoor antenna. So would this still be the best option? I was told as long as the antenna isn't "super huge" I could put it up. Also, what factors make the signal "pixelate?" I've noticed in other posts wind, rain, etc. can reek havoc on the signal quality. Thanks again for the answers. Andy

I'd use it outdoors also.
Also, what factors make the signal "pixelate?
A signal that goes below the level necessary for error free decoding. As you noted above there are many factors that could cause a marginal signal to fall below that level and pixelate. google: uhf propagation if you want.

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts