Moving - Can I put account on hold?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
So, I am planning to move later this year. I am almost 1 year in on my contract. We are planning to move to temporary housing while we look for our next home, and it really probably doesn't make sense to setup DirecTV wherever that is for just what will hopefully be only a few months. Before I engage AT&T on this, I wanted to find out if I would be able to put my DirecTV account on hold for some period of time while we are in the process of moving.

Also, I am not sure what this does to our Unlimited plan discounts and Free HBO. If I got DirecTV Now in the short term, would we be able to use the discounts on those?

Anyway, thanks in advance.

So, I am planning to move later this year. I am almost 1 year in on my contract. We are planning to move to temporary housing while we look for our next home, and it really probably doesn't make sense to setup DirecTV wherever that is for just what will hopefully be only a few months. Before I engage AT&T on this, I wanted to find out if I would be able to put my DirecTV account on hold for some period of time while we are in the process of moving.

Also, I am not sure what this does to our Unlimited plan discounts and Free HBO. If I got DirecTV Now in the short term, would we be able to use the discounts on those?

Anyway, thanks in advance.
You can always put your D* account on hold ... just remember your commitment will extend, so if you have a 24 month commitment, put it on hold for 3 months, your commitment goes for 27 months ...

Not sure what the status of your discounts and free HBO goes, ask them when you do it and get an email from them so you have something in writing, just in case.

Hop on the att/D website and ask the CHAT guys, that might answer your questions without having to call them.

Reactions: edisonprime
You can always put your D* account on hold ... just remember your commitment will extend, so if you have a 24 month commitment, put it on hold for 3 months, your commitment goes for 27 months ...

Not sure what the status of your discounts and free HBO goes, ask them when you do it and get an email from them so you have something in writing, just in case.

Hop on the att/D website and ask the CHAT guys, that might answer your questions without having to call them.

OK. Thanks. I will talk with them. I just wanted to make sure I knew what the right thing to ask for was.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)