Moving dish near road

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mshaffer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Hi guys, do you think this will be too close to the road? I need to move it to get any satellites more east than G5.. The top red dot is where it is now, the lower red dot is where I want to move it. Will there be any intereference if it's under the power lines?

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 223
Power lines prob won't affect it, unless one of your sats happens to line up exactly behind a power pole, lol. I would be more concerned about how close it is to the roadway/right of way.
Its hard to tell there. To be sure, I would determine if it's a city, county or state roadway, and call the appropriate highway dept, ask how much ROW that particular road has. If it's 40', then you have 20'from center line in either direction. If you're sure it's your land already and not in the right of way, go for it. (or get a good chain saw!)

Since east is toward the top of the picture (according to the compass in the upper left), and you want to see more birds east of G5, I don't see how moving the dish farther west, toward the road, is going to help. Am I missing something here?

The ones I want to see are still west of me, just relatively east I mean.. Right now I can get 125*-133* from my hole in the woods. I wanted to get as far as 95* which is still 20 degrees west from me.

I decided I can't put it by the road though.. it would have to be too far out to get 95* which is what I wanted so I could get the news channels and comedy central.

Hmmm, got a chainsaw? The trees in front of it at it's current location don't look too sparse. Although you probably want to keep them. It looks kinda "park like" in there.

Mine was directly next to a road for years. Only issue I noticed was rocks when a cars tire runs over one it sometimes goes flying into the dish damaging it. Panels only fell out once. :(

Looking at the top left corner of the picture, that compass makes it look like putting it in that spot next to the road, won't help you get anything to the east of it. Might even make it worse than where it is now? Could you put it over toward the right, where you can see the green grass at the edge of the trees and the brown leaves from the trees?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts