Status
Not open for further replies.

peid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 22, 2003
South Dakota
I am in the process of finishing my basement and have a 1 piece 57" HDTV which I would like to move to the basement when completed. Here's the situation: when the TV was moved into the house it was strapped to a cart and wheeled in at an angle, basically with the wheels pointed toward the ground. Moving the TV that same way will cause the top of the TV to hit the ceiling going down the stairs. Can I lay the TV on its side and move it down the stairs at that angle? The TV is 56" tall but only 52" wide which is why I need to lay it down.

<- 56" ->
---------o
|..T..|....|
|..V..|....|
---------o
-----------
..............|
...............---
..................|
...................---
.......................|
........................---

The "o" are the wheels at the bottom of the TV, see what I am trying to get at? I would have to rotate the TV 90 degrees prior to going down the steps.

Any harm in doing this? It has never been calibrated other than by myself using the Avia disk, so recalibrating it will be required, but any permanent damage to be aware of?

Thanks for the reply Kevin, that is what I figured also, but want opinions of others just to make sure.

Edit: Of course I now kick myself for not buying the larger 2-piece 65" TV instead of the 1-piece 57".

Status
Not open for further replies.