Moving - help me keep DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmdaws

Original poster
May 11, 2009
CT
Hello,

I've had DTV for 10 years now and am being forced to move. I've had a tough time finding a place, but finally found a nice place in a town house community (all rentals). Anyway, the rental place is not very cooperative when it comes to dishes. They will not say I can't have a dish, but said that I can't bolt anything down or dig into the ground. They also said I can't drill any holes into the walls. So, basically, seems that they are trying to avoid having dishes up in the community.

They did say if I could figure out a way to do it without any of that, I could have the dish. I do have a patio - does anyone have any suggestions for solutions. This is very troubling, as I have already search for alternative places, but can't find anything as nice. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Do you have a view from your patio to the 101 satellite? If yes you should be able to go with the bucket of concrete and pole used frequently for apartment installs.

I'm not sure if I have the clear view (i've only viewed the place once and haven't signed a lease yet...), but I do think I have a clear view to the south. Would this work and will I have good signal strength? Sorry if these are stupid question, but I've always had it on a roof.

Hello,

I've had DTV for 10 years now and am being forced to move. I've had a tough time finding a place, but finally found a nice place in a town house community (all rentals). Anyway, the rental place is not very cooperative when it comes to dishes. They will not say I can't have a dish, but said that I can't bolt anything down or dig into the ground. They also said I can't drill any holes into the walls. So, basically, seems that they are trying to avoid having dishes up in the community.

They did say if I could figure out a way to do it without any of that, I could have the dish. I do have a patio - does anyone have any suggestions for solutions. This is very troubling, as I have already search for alternative places, but can't find anything as nice. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

First thing when moving into places like apartments and townhomes is to make sure you get a place that gives you a clear line of sight. If you already moved into your place 97% pf the time they wont allow you to switch to another location because you can't catch signal.

If they don't allow any drilling you can get you some RG6 flat cable(s). Unsure of which dish and how many receivers you have you could need anywhere from 1-4 of these cables. These cables are placed between the opening of a sliding door or window. After you have the flat cable in place you can close the door or window shut and it will bend taking shape of the closure. I don't know how long they last after frequent opening and closing, but it does work and you abid the property manager guidelines regarding to no drilling. A well-prepared tech usually carry these on their truck and are not part of the standard free installation. If plan to set it up yourself you could find the flat cables online. Good Luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Searching for signal error 771

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)