"Moving question" - Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zilla1126

Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
OH
I am looking to "move" from Cincinnati, OH to my father's house in Kokomo, IN so that I can watch the Colts and Pacers on local TV instead of NFL ticket/NBA League Pass.

Is this going to work? I only care about the two networks the Colts will play non-nationally televised games on (Fox and CBS) as well as Fox Sports Net Indiana.

I saw in another post that the local channels are beamed to a smaller area - is this true? And is Cincinnati too far away from Indianapolis to be in "range"?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Exactly how far away is your father's house?

Spot beams are just what they are. Think narrow beam flashlight.
It's possible that you may be able to see the Kokomo, IN spot beam. Only one way to find out.

You do know, that once you move you'll probably lose your Cincinnati locals.

I forgot to add that I mostly only use DirecTV for my sports needs; I have Time Warner that I use for everything else. I am (currently) in Cincinnati, which is about a 1 3/4 hours drive from the Indianapolis Metro area.

Within "ABOUT" 125 +/- miles you are OK on spotbeams, however, some have more power than others.

If you dad also has DTV, take one of his boxes to your house as a test before you "move"

He does not have DirecTV, so hopefully I can get something more concrete. I gather that I am fine with Fox Sports Indiana (for the Pacers) since that is not a local channel?

He does not have DirecTV, so hopefully I can get something more concrete. I gather that I am fine with Fox Sports Indiana (for the Pacers) since that is not a local channel?

Depends on if you are within the spotbeam or not. There are "spotbeam maps" but my experience is they are fairly rough, so would not take them as gospel.

If you are looking for HD Indianapolis locals, check signal strength on 99s satellite, transponder 23.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)