"Moving" question

probinson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
NW Pennsylvania
OK, so please don't shoot me if this has been asked recently, but I just spent quite a while searching and couldn't find anything terribly recent....

With the possibility that Pittsburgh will finally be on the EA later this week, and with football season right around the corner, I'm thinking about "moving" to Pittsburgh. I live about halfway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland and get the ever-so-wonderful Youngstown, OH locals. Most of the time, they play the Pittsburgh games, but if Cleveland and Pittsburgh are playing at the same time on the same channel, then we get the Cleveland game instead. So I could "move", even just a few miles South, and get Pittsburgh instead.

My dish setup is an EA+110 wing. Currently, I get my locals off of 110 and everything else off the EA. So my question is, if I "moved" to Pittsburgh, would I still be able to see the guide data for my Youngstown OTA channels? And also, is it a difficult process to "move", or is it just a simple phone call?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Just don't

OK, so please don't shoot me if this has been asked recently, but I just spent quite a while searching and couldn't find anything terribly recent....

With the possibility that Pittsburgh will finally be on the EA later this week, and with football season right around the corner, I'm thinking about "moving" to Pittsburgh. I live about halfway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland and get the ever-so-wonderful Youngstown, OH locals. Most of the time, they play the Pittsburgh games, but if Cleveland and Pittsburgh are playing at the same time on the same channel, then we get the Cleveland game instead. So I could "move", even just a few miles South, and get Pittsburgh instead.

My dish setup is an EA+110 wing. Currently, I get my locals off of 110 and everything else off the EA. So my question is, if I "moved" to Pittsburgh, would I still be able to see the guide data for my Youngstown OTA channels? And also, is it a difficult process to "move", or is it just a simple phone call?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I'm sorry I couldn't resist just don't accidentally move the Howlers address. :)

My dish setup is an EA+110 wing. Currently, I get my locals off of 110 and everything else off the EA. So my question is, if I "moved" to Pittsburgh, would I still be able to see the guide data for my Youngstown OTA channels?
yes

And also, is it a difficult process to "move", or is it just a simple phone call?

from recent posts they charge $5 to do it and they might ask some crazy questions to prevent you from "moving"

I mean you're not supposed to be able to "move" or change addresses like that but I wouldn't be surprised if someone changed your address for you. may i suggest a DTV box maybe you can get the steelers games with a nice antennae. :)

I mean you're not supposed to be able to "move" or change addresses like that but I wouldn't be surprised if someone changed your address for you. may i suggest a DTV box maybe you can get the steelers games with a nice antennae. :)

I've got the OTA module in my 722K. Unfortunately, because I live almost smack dab in the middle of Cleveland and Pittsburgh, I can't get either of those markets with an antenna. It doesn't help that I live in somewhat of a valley either.

So the Youngstown channels are my only option via OTA.

This weekend for this first preseason game, they're showing the Browns game on the main ABC channel, and the Steelers game on the crappy SD subchannel. This simply will not do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)