Moving recordings to the same folder

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
Hello; Hopper 3 user here. I record a lot, and move certain shows into folders I created. Shows with the same title are in different subfolders. So, it is pretty easy and convenient to search and watch (then delete) whatever I want. Whatever the reason is, certain show episodes (Ancient Aliens) are in three different folders with the same name. I am unable to move these recordings into one folder. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_7906.jpg
    IMG_7906.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 166
Hello; Hopper 3 user here. I record a lot, and move certain shows into folders I created. Shows with the same title are in different subfolders. So, it is pretty easy and convenient to search and watch (then delete) whatever I want. Whatever the reason is, certain show episodes (Ancient Aliens) are in three different folders with the same name. I am unable to move these recordings into one folder. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

We would be more than happy to take a further look into this for you. Please reach out to our technical support team for troubleshooting assistance. You can use this link to reach out: Request Rejected

ok. little bit more info. As u see from the picture, the folders r created by Hopper 3. I moved them into a folder (named as Ancient Aliens). All were recorded from History channel. Except this particular show, the rest of the recordings were sorted in folders (icons) created by Hopper 3. I noticed that the second folder (from picture) has newer episodes with full name "Ancient Alients : Declassified". The folder title (as seen) is only "Ancient Aliens". I am under the assumption that I cannot combine recordings automatically saved in different icons. I tried several different methods to accomplish this. Nothing worked.

The link above from Dish Support does not do anything. I believe it is supposed to be a Direct Chat. ( I am using Chromebook).

We get this too; the issue seems to be guide information. We've noticed shows are getting listed with slight variations in naming like "Fresh Off The Boat" , "Fresh off the Boat", "Rick and Morty" and "Rick And Morty"...like that...which causes the multiple show "folders" even though it's the same show.

Sounds like Ancient Aliens: Declassified is a different program. Like Gold Rush and Gold Rush: Paydirt

DJ & HipCat; Thanks kindly. I agree. The guide is the probable cause. I wish the Tech support would constantly check and eliminate some of the issues within guide. Check the pic I took today. A show I record every Sunday. 'THIS OLD HOUSE HOUR' on pbs ,which is KET here. Its been like that for years!! How did they miss that?

Attachments

• IMG_7910.jpg
    IMG_7910.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts