"Moving" stories--for more desirable locals (in lieu the upcoming NFL season)

JimiMoore77

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
Indy
So the NFL season is upon us and I wanted to hear from some of the veteran Dish folk about their experiences "moving."

What I would like to do is jump around every week or couple weeks to different ConUS local networks (CBS & FOX) depending on which NFL games they will be broadcasting.

Does anyone here have experience doing something like this? Do I need to come up with a decent story for the Dish rep as to why I keep "moving" every couple weeks? Should I "buy an RV" and tell them that I am traveling?

I have already completed one test "move" from my native Indy to Chicago so I know how it works and that I can just do an online chat and complete my "move" that way. But the Dish REP did not make it easy and insisted that I schedule an appointment to have an installer come and assist (though I just called back and canceled that after I got the CHI locals).

So experienced "movers" please chime in with your experiences and the wisdom you have gathered (particularly those NFL fans out there who have done what I am looking to do)...

-Do I need a good story to tell Dish or does it even matter?
-Will they get suspicious if I keep "moving" every week or two?
-Have any of you been shut down or been caught "moving" or have a Dish REP deny your change of service address request? Does this happen often?
-Any of things I should be careful of or aware of?

I have been looking here for up to date info for the current list of ConUS locals currently available.

~Jimi

A question I was wondering how to have a different local market for channels. Do you need a PO Box for your monthly bill or can you have 2 residental address. One for your bill and the other for the local channels??? Or will dish get suspious??? Thanks for your help.

Hmmmm, while I am not a big NFL fan this thread does give me an idea. I might "move" down to my mom's house in Arkansas so I can get locals from there from DISH to make it easier to watch Arkansas Razorback football and basketball games. Of course now that I say that, then I realize I'd probably have to replace my Fox Sports Midwest with something else which means I'd loose Cardinals games as well as Mizzou sports (which matters b/c my wife is Missouri alum and sports fan). Has anyone been able to "move" to get different locals BUT not change your RSN?

Hmmmm, while I am not a big NFL fan this thread does give me an idea. I might "move" down to my mom's house in Arkansas so I can get locals from there from DISH to make it easier to watch Arkansas Razorback football and basketball games. Of course now that I say that, then I realize I'd probably have to replace my Fox Sports Midwest with something else which means I'd loose Cardinals games as well as Mizzou sports (which matters b/c my wife is Missouri alum and sports fan). Has anyone been able to "move" to get different locals BUT not change your RSN?

The RSNs are tied to the service location so when you move you'll get the RSNs designated for that location. It has happened occasionally that moving subs end up with locals from both the old and new locations due to error.

I too was considering "moving" back to my old Massachussetts address from Nashville to watch the Patriots. My qusetion is if I did to get the Boston locals would I recive them in HD. I currently recieve 110, 129 an 118.

Thanks

I doubt you could do it.. you would get the RSN(s) that are for the address you punch in on this page:

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do

Bummer...but thanks for the inputs guys. I might trying moving down and back once just to see if I get lucky and end up with locals from both Missouri and Arkansas.

Most Cardinal games are on an Alt sports channel and are not blacked out in Little Rock.
Thanks for the info, but I think it's still no-go for me. My wife would be hacked to discover that her Missouri basketball or football game isn't available while I am watching my "local" Razorback game because I "moved" us down to Arkansas. :p

Are the Razorback games subject to blackouts? I know some college sports are not.

You may get them just by adding the Sports Pack.
In the past, I've never been able to get any Razorback games via RSN. I need the Arkansas locals for the Razorback games. I need Fox Sports Midwest for Cardinals games (or maybe not according to Skip06) and for some Missouri games. Maybe I could "move" to Arkansas and just added the Sports Pack to get my real local RSN back. That said, I'm not sure I have the option to add the Sports Pack to a TurboHD Silver (HD only) package.

STL, I do not think you will have to do much if anything to be able to watch most Arkansas (or any SEC teams) this season.

Do a google search on SEC+ESPN tv deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)