Moving to Bocas Del Toro, Panama

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Oyving

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 3, 2003
Amboy IL
I know that this was addressed "kinda" in 2011, but in satellite terms, that was forever ago.

1.) Would you know what satellites I should be able to receive?
2.) Should I get a C/KU-Band or would a KU be good enough?
3.) How large should it the dish be (C or Ku) in Panama?
4.) Do polar mounts and actuators work the same near or on the equator as in North America?
5.) Best STB/IRD with HD/DVR. Must be able to handle the heat.

So many questions! Thanks for your help on this!

I'll only answer the one I know for sure, #4. Yes, they work the same throughout the world.
Bocas Del Toro province: 9°20?26?N 82°14?26?W So the polar mount must be capable of almost horizontal adjustment/operation. Declination will be about 1.4°

#1, #2, & #3 only get comments. www.satbeams.com shows the primary footprints of the satellites. but out of footprint may be possible if the dish is big enough. There's a member with a 24 footer somewhere to the south. Operating C and Ku IIRR. Just can't remember the name or location. Maybe they'll comment.
#5. I think the only, currently available, receiver that fits the category today is the Manhattan . Think the dealers, I'd buy from, are all out of the Amiko HDSE and Geosatpro MiniHD.
(A amall PC fan plugged into the USB may help with heat)

Your dish will be pointing like this....
jzgvmte

Reactions: N5XZS and KE4EST
Yep, Used to stationed in Panama Canal Zone when I was a young kid in 69 to 73 in the old 20th century ahh,:) the good old day's I'll tell you that!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts