"Moving"- When is a signal level too low?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
I'm contemplating a "move" and have been studying the spot beam maps and transponder readings to choose between several markets that benefit me sports wise. My question is, what is "too low" when it comes to spot beam signal strength?

One market is really attractive to me because they not only get good RSN's, but they get significantly viewed network stations as well. The problem is the spot beam transponders are only 63-70 at my location in signal strength. Is that actually workable, or would I constantly get "signal loss"?

I'm contemplating a "move" and have been studying the spot beam maps and transponder readings to choose between several markets that benefit me sports wise. My question is, what is "too low" when it comes to spot beam signal strength?

One market is really attractive to me because they not only get good RSN's, but they get significantly viewed network stations as well. The problem is the spot beam transponders are only 63-70 at my location in signal strength. Is that actually workable, or would I constantly get "signal loss"?
That is very workable ....
You WILL lose signal on those sooner than you would on the rest of your stations, presuming your dish is set up correctly and most of your numbers are in the high 80's and 90's.
That said, you will get your picture with the signal numbers you've mentioned just fine.

That is very workable ....
You WILL lose signal on those sooner than you would on the rest of your stations, presuming your dish is set up correctly and most of your numbers are in the high 80's and 90's.
That said, you will get your picture with the signal numbers you've mentioned just fine.

Yes, all my CONUS signals are mid 90s or above. I would still use my AM21n as well, so I would have a backup in the event bad weather interferes

Yes, all my CONUS signals are mid 90s or above. I would still use my AM21n as well, so I would have a backup in the event bad weather interferes
If you can get higher, thats great, but you should still have a solid signal with those numbers till the bad weather his and then they will go down before the others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts