Moving

Booboy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2015
Mississippi
I want to get a different set of locals, can I change my locals without actually moving, has anybody moved lately?

Haven't moved lately, but just remember where you move because they ask your service address every time you call in

I called and told them I already had a dish at the new location and they still insisted on sending a service man to check it out, is their anyway around this?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If they insist on sending a tech out then there is no way around it unless you can bribe the tech.

From the little that I've read in the past couple years if the account is on the AT&T system they require a truck roll to change address. If on the old system you may be able to get someone to do it. I've not read of anyone 'moving' once their account was transitioned to AT&T.

If they insist on sending a tech out then there is no way around it unless you can bribe the tech.

Setup the “move”

If they insist to send out a tech, go ahead and allow it.

The tech will call you before they come out. Tell the tech the house you moved Into already had Directv and you just plugged in your equipment and it worked.

Ask the tech to close out the work order, so he can get paid and you didn’t waste his time coming out. Be cool with the guy, say you used to work for Directv

If the tech reads between the lines, he will close it out as completed and get paid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)