Status
Please reply by conversation.

swartzfeger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ
All,

Looks like Phoenix will be rolling out with the mpeg4 upgrade soon. I'm currently a E* subscriber but plan to switch because I can't receive OTA.

Is it better for me to be a customer (in terms of $/deals/upgrades) *before* the rollout, or wait until after? I definitely want to go for the mpeg4 HD Tivo when it's available, and I'm not sure if I can get a better upgrade deal on that by subscribing now (becoming an 'existing' customer) or by waiting.

Any advice appreciated -- thanks!

swartzfeger said:
All,
Looks like Phoenix will be rolling out with the mpeg4 upgrade soon. I'm currently a E* subscriber but plan to switch because I can't receive OTA.
Is it better for me to be a customer (in terms of $/deals/upgrades) *before* the rollout, or wait until after? I definitely want to go for the mpeg4 HD Tivo when it's available, and I'm not sure if I can get a better upgrade deal on that by subscribing now (becoming an 'existing' customer) or by waiting.
Any advice appreciated -- thanks!
Call Robert at www.valueelectronics, he's a Directv dealer and a member of this forum, and see what he can do for you. Being close to the upgrade date I would probably wait, that way you only have one install to deal with. Mention to him that you are a member of this forum.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation, Wolfman -- spoke with ValueElectronics over the phone and they were very nice and knowledgeable. Hope to have my new equipment installed soon.

Anyone have a guesstimate of when mpeg 4 HD locals will debut in the Phoenix metro area?

Status
Please reply by conversation.