Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Satelliteracer has posted at dbstalk that the mpeg2 hd channels will be removed by 4/1/2010.

This is good, I thought they did this awhile ago.

That will make some room for some new HD by moving them to MPEG4 :)

This is good, I thought they did this awhile ago.

That will make some room for some new HD by moving them to MPEG4 :)

They've done this before for some channels, Showtime was one of them. But more room for new HD, nope, not on 110/119. Remember DirecTV is moving to using only 99/101/103 for their core SD/HD programming, new installs don't even get a LNB that can get 110/119 unless their locals or international channels they ordered are on 110/119.

unless their locals or international channels they ordered are on 110/119.
That be me 5 lnb Slimline,
Still need the 119.
I got my 3 LNB ready to go, But I need a Slimline Dish now.

Can I just buy the Dish Hardware?
I'm going to hook up my HR-20 soon.

No but if they remove these channels its gives them room to move other things around on other birds, giving them more room for new things. :)

That be me 5 lnb Slimline,
Still need the 119.
I got my 3 LNB ready to go, But I need a Slimline Dish now.

Can I just buy the Dish Hardware?
I'm going to hook up my HR-20 soon.

Solidsignal sells a bunch of DirecTV dish/LNB combo's. Just curious, if you have a 5LNB Slimline why do you want a 3LNB?

There removed what liek 5 channels....

I have a hr10-250 and I think I get like 1 hbo and hd net tnt and espn left ... no big lost ot the hd community there and while it will free up some space i think this is till a pretty big non issue.

No but if they remove these channels its gives them room to move other things around on other birds, giving them more room for new things. :)

OK, what would they move from 101 SD to 110/119? I don't see anything there that's not in their core SD channel packages. About the only thing they could do would be the SD DNS channels but then the RV folks would be upset now having to do a phase III dish setup.

So are you suggesting they are cleaning up the space to do nothing with it?

Personally I see this as a positive for DIRECTV.

Solidsignal sells a bunch of DirecTV dish/LNB combo's. Just curious, if you have a 5LNB Slimline why do you want a 3LNB?
The 5 lnb is required here. I don't have a slimline anymore, I moved it to tennants apartment when I dropped D* service. So they use it now.
But I bought a 3lnb slimline LNB, becuase it was a good deal $14.99 on Ebay about 1 year ago and It looks better.:)
Now we are only missing 1 local if I use the 3 lnb instead of the 5 lnb.
My ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX,PBS,and My Network are on the 103 and , the WB or CW, what ever it is now is still on the 119 only.
But I could live without that since I have E* anyway.
Only down side is my R16 will lose its locals.

So are you suggesting they are cleaning up the space to do nothing with it?

Personally I see this as a positive for DIRECTV.

No, they'll do something with it, if they don't they'll lose their FCC license for 110.

Your post said "That will make some room for some new HD by moving them to MPEG4". If they can't move anything off of 101 to 110 then how would this allow for more HD programming if the direction is to use 99/101/103 only for core HD programming?

No, they'll do something with it, if they don't they'll lose their FCC license for 110.

Your post said "That will make some room for some new HD by moving them to MPEG4". If they can't move anything off of 101 to 110 then how would this allow for more HD programming if the direction is to use 99/101/103 only for core HD programming?
Might as well let E* have them. Its only 3 TP anyway.

110/119 will probably be used for internationals getting them off 95. They could always use it for locals too, but they have always avoided using national beams for locals in favor of spotbeams. Dish often did that, puting a local market on a national beam just to get it up, even in HD sometimes with 129 or 118.7 or 61.5. Directv doesn't do that from my memory. Something they could do if they wanted though.

Most likely will house internationals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)