MPEG2 HD Question

kokomogator

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
I still have a 921 HD receiver and have not upgraded as I am contemplating changing providers. My question is this: Are there really only 5 MPEG2 HD channels available now for this receiver? I am not counting HDPPV or NBAHD, but just national channels. I am receiving TNTHD, HDNET, HDNMV, HD Theatre, & ESPN (not ESPN2).

Is that really it? I have a 622 in my other room and I receive all HD available on it.

I still have a 921 HD receiver and have not upgraded as I am contemplating changing providers. My question is this: Are there really only 5 MPEG2 HD channels available now for this receiver? I am not counting HDPPV or NBAHD, but just national channels. I am receiving TNTHD, HDNET, HDNMV, HD Theatre, & ESPN (not ESPN2).

Is that really it? I have a 622 in my other room and I receive all HD available on it.

Yep, that is it. Hopefully by the end of the year those 5 will be MPEG4. A few premium movie hd channels are still MPEG2.

Yep, that is it. Hopefully by the end of the year those 5 will be MPEG4. A few premium movie hd channels are still MPEG2.

Wonder how many people are still out there with the old HD receivers? You would think Dish would be calling to offer an upgrade to those users.

Wonder how many people are still out there with the old HD receivers? You would think Dish would be calling to offer an upgrade to those users.

Call Dish and see about a upgrade. I know they did something back during the summer. Call them and ask about a 211, 222,another 622 or a 722.

If you're waiting for a call, you must be on DISH's bad list. They have been offering Dish'n it Up upgrades for a couple of years to get a leased ViP622 from either the 921 or the 942.

You can only do one DIU per year.

They did call last fall when the Voom channels went Mpeg-4. I upgraded my 811 to a 622. I am still waiting for the rebate though. Imagine that! :up

Call Dish and see about a upgrade. I know they did something back during the summer. Call them and ask about a 211, 222,another 622 or a 722.

Don't really want an upgrade right now...I own my equipment and as I said in my first post...considering changing providers. It's in a room that is not used that much so it has not been an issue.

If you're waiting for a call, you must be on DISH's bad list. They have been offering Dish'n it Up upgrades for a couple of years to get a leased ViP622 from either the 921 or the 942.

You can only do one DIU per year.

Don't think so as they are always telling me that I am one of their best customers......subscribe to the everything pack and pay a ridiculous amount of money for TV. My last DIU upgrade was a year ago in August so I do know I could have called but have been on the fence while considering which way I wanted to go...in truth, they may have called but they never leave a number and my caller ID always has 800#'s with no message. Still I wonder how many people are still using the old receivers.

They did call last fall when the Voom channels went Mpeg-4. I upgraded my 811 to a 622. I am still waiting for the rebate though. Imagine that! :up

I'd look into the rebate. Mine was posted to my bill within a few days. If you've been waiting several months, they must have lost the paper work or something slipped through the cracks.

Good luck.

Larry
SF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)