MPEG4 Pixellation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dilbert

Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
I am having a problem. The channels that are the original MPEG2 channels that are mirrored as MPEG4 channels, (206, 209, 245, 259, 281, 306, and 552) plus I have seen it on 275, pixelate and go out like it is raining all of the time. The MPEG2 channels are fine. I see this constantly. I reset my receiver, unplugged it, rewired it with a new B-band converter, and rechecked all of the connections, but it makes no difference.

I called D*, but they don’t know much and set up a service call. I am worried the service call guys, from experience, aren’t the sharpest. So I wondered if anyone had experienced this.

Thanks,
Dilbert

What's your signal readings on transponders 1->14 on the 99(c) satellite, which is where those channels are. You should see readings at least in the 80's on those transponders.

I have strengths of 65-86. I forgot to mention, the problem is on my HR20-700. My H20 has no problems.

I have strengths of 65-86. I forgot to mention, the problem is on my HR20-700. My H20 has no problems.

I don't like seeing that 65 that you say, is the H20 seeing the same signal readings ad the HR20?

On the H20, I have no 99c, 99a has 14 transponders. I have 55-81 on this sat on the H20.

On the H20, I have no 99c, 99a has 14 transponders. I have 55-81 on this sat on the H20.

OK, same thing, just that D* hasn't changed the labeling on that box yet. Those numbers are still low, sounds like you need a dish realign to boost those numbers to be at lease 80 on all 14 TP's.

I'm almost 99 percent sure those low readings are the problem. People don't realize how imperative it is to have really high readings on the 99 and 103. Usually you can have a crappy signal on the 99 and 103 but the 101 is in the upper 90's don't let this fool you. I'm sure your dish isn't off but 1/2" or less but its enough to screw up the mpeg4 channels.....

They D* guys have a come a few times and not fixed the problem. One guy told me that sat 99c is not used (idiot) and the guy yesterday, (also idiot), without me knowing, reformatted my hard driver so I lost everything. They said they checked the alignment and it was good. I called D* again and finally got in touch with someone who believed me and a supervisor is supposed to come out this week to look at it. I still get signals in the 50s to 80's on 99c, but the odd transponders are the 50s and 60's, while the evens are upper 70's and 80's. Because of this, they think it may be a bad lnb. Who knows. This is getting ridiculous.

I do want to thank you guys for your help as I printed out the channel list from 99c and all of those channels have the pixellation problem. I would not have known where to start if it weren't for this forum.

After 5+ months, it is fixed and my signals are in the 90's. The dish was misalligned when it was installed. After many, many calls it is fixed.

Thanks for the help. You guys were right, the technicians were wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)