Mr. Bean

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I do too Dee. I would like to get the schedule for those PBS feeds someday, so I know what time shows like "Mr. Bean" are on.

Maybe we can crowd source a guide together.

Over time I discovered that BBC news comes on every morning at 6:30am (or is it 6am?) on the channel that's usually just color bars. That was a plus for my Dad who loves the BBC news and NHK. I think NHK comes on in the afternoons on a regular schedule though it's also unlisted.

So anyone that happens to catch a Mr. Bean episode, pipe in and post the times you find it and sooner than later we can have it nailed down and programmed into our DVR's..

:D

Rowan Atkinson is awesome. Saw a couple of months ago that he crashed his McLaren F1... Was worth one million pounds at the time. Featured it in an episode of Topgear (UK) a few years ago it was a beautiful car. He was even on Topgear (UK) last season, was a great interview and he is a damn good driver surprisingly.

Rowan Atkinson is awesome. Saw a couple of months ago that he crashed his McLaren F1... Was worth one million pounds at the time. Featured it in an episode of Topgear (UK) a few years ago it was a beautiful car. He was even on Topgear (UK) last season, was a great interview and he is a damn good driver surprisingly.

OMG, I googled that car and that's just insane! Why would anyone pay that much for a car? Why do they make cars that go that fast anyway? It's extremely illegal to go that fast, much less illegal to speed at all to any degree!
600 horsepower? Are you kidding me?? WHY????

That's the sort of car that gets people not only killed but killed in the most gruesome way imaginable..

But then again after having seen him drive this way, I guess it goes to show he's not the brightest chap..

mr-bean-driving.jpeg

He's still funny as all get out though!

edit: Ok, google tells me that he's an official idiot. http://www.sportscarzone.com/bean-crashes-mclaren-f1
He crashed that car not just once but twice! The second time he really tore it up badly and broke his shoulder.
He's also crashed several over very expensive cars before. :facepalm

Last edited:
He crashed that car not just once but twice! The second time he really tore it up badly and broke his shoulder.
He's also crashed several over very expensive cars before. :facepalm

It sounds like he might not have a problem drinking!!! :eek:

OMG, I googled that car and that's just insane! Why would anyone pay that much for a car? Why do they make cars that go that fast anyway? It's extremely illegal to go that fast, much less illegal to speed at all to any degree!
600 horsepower? Are you kidding me?? WHY????

Well what you have to remember is the area they are in over there. Speed is a religion in that part of the world... Just a hop skip and a jump and your in Germany... And the roads in Italy and well even Romania are some of the best drivers roads in the world and you can get away with travelling at high speeds in much of the countries on that side of the pond.

I remember that episode of him driving in his recliner.. Priceless. But you should see him taking his lap on Topgear, he is currently the fastest ever in the reasonably priced car, other than the F1 drivers board.

If your Dad likes NHK, give him English TV and radio including HD channel, Intelsat 9 at 58W on 4040 H 26590. Or at On Air : jibtv.com with a program schedule at NHK WORLD TV | TV Schedule

Oh cool.. Thank you, that's a good suggestion but unfortunately, where his dish is located, his house blocks the line of sight to the satellite, I just checked it on dishpointer.com and it's a no can do.. :(
Oh, and not to mention, he doesn't have a C band dish anyway. I almost had him convinced to get one but then MeTV went OTA here and that destroyed my argument for a big dish.
Now he has all the good TV he could want and then some. But he still gets some NHK news on the PBS channels anyway and that's plenty for him.
He's not a die hard Japan fan, he just worked there one summer for Dupont supervising some big metal thing they had made over there so he sort of grew to like their news I guess. Not a big deal if he misses it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)