MRV and pixelation

clint501

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Using the latest CE's on both my HR21 and H21 seem to be doing well. I have noticed that while watching recorded HD shows on the H21 occasionally there is pixelation lasting about a second. If I "rewind and replay" the same scene it does not occur. I assume it has something to do with the video stream. Has anyone else seen this? Units are connected to a 2Wire AT&T Gateway with cat5 cable.

I see the same thing. Both the HR21 and H21 are connected to a switch via cat5, so I don't think bandwidth is an issue, then again, I was the one who terminated the RJ45's and knowing my skill with that, it could be the bandwidth :)

IMHO it's a bug in their software causing this since I can recreate this problem with the two boxes connected directly to each other with a 3ft patch cord, can't get much simpler then that for a network.

I tend to agree with the software bug - guess that's why they call it "beta"

IMHO it's a bug in their software causing this since I can recreate this problem with the two boxes connected directly to each other with a 3ft patch cord, can't get much simpler then that for a network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts