MRV Between HR22 and H25, Patch or Crossover?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AmericanZ28

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Central California
I want to do MRV between an HR22 and an H25. Can I simply plug in an ethernet cable between the two? If so, which do I need, Patch or Crossover?

The H25 does not have an eithernet port.

Someone correct me if im wrong, you need the following...

#1 SWM LNB
#2 Cinema Connection Kit
#3 DECA converter to convert the coax network to an eithernet network.

directv-deca-adapter-800.jpg

Attachments

• deca.JPG
    deca.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 246
Connecting an Ethernet cable will automatically disable mrv. You will get the OSD a receiver was detected on the coaxial line, and when you run a diagnostic test you will get code 77, stating something is connected to the Ethernet.

It has to communicate through the coaxial via Deca and Swim setup

The Hr22 needs a deca adapter connected to one of the ethernet ports on the Hr22 and you can connect to your router on the other ethernet port if you want on demand, Pandora or Youtube.

Do you already have a H25? If you don't,substitute a H24 for the H25 & you can connect both boxes to the internet with ethernet cable,because the H24 does have ethernet input connection. Do you have a SWM set up for your HR22(does it have one or two coaxial cables running to it)? You would run the ethernet cable to both from your router.

royrdsjr said:
Do you already have a H25? If you don't,substitute a H24 for the H25 & you can connect both boxes to the internet with ethernet cable,because the H24 does have ethernet input connection. Do you have a SWM set up for your HR22(does it have one or two coaxial cables running to it)? You would run the ethernet cable to both from your router.

If he's got the 25 then he's got SWM. It's SWM only

Claude Greiner said:
The H25 does not have an eithernet port.

Someone correct me if im wrong, you need the following...

#1 SWM LNB
#2 Cinema Connection Kit
#3 DECA converter to convert the coax network to an eithernet network.

The only need for #2 would be for on demand, cinema plus, pandora, and you tube. For strictly tv and MRV the only thing that's needed is a SWM LNB (which if an H25 is on the system it is SWM already) and a deca cenverter for the HR22

If he's got the 25 then he's got SWM. It's SWM only

That's why I was asking if he already had the H25,if he didn't I was trying to help him save steps by getting the H24 instead. The SWM question was because if he did go with the H24(again providing he didn't already have the H25) & ethernet cables,I was trying to see if he might need a B-Band converter for the H24,but I didn't want to cross that bridge yet(& further confuse him) until I knew what his setup was.

royrdsjr said:
That's why I was asking if he already had the H25,if he didn't I was trying to help him save steps by getting the H24 instead. The SWM question was because if he did go with the H24(again providing he didn't already have the H25) & ethernet cables,I was trying to see if he might need a B-Band converter for the H24,but I didn't want to cross that bridge yet(& further confuse him) until I knew what his setup was.

I was assuming he has the 25 already :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)