MRV Freezes and blackouts with: Playback Failed ..." Message

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you are referring to Harshness, this is very typical behavior of his. I think he enjoys it, don't let it get to you.....he's not even a DirecTV customer....ignore him like the rest of us do.....

Well thanks! But since he comes off as some sort of "guru" he taints your forum. And, since he isn't even a Di***TV customer he really knows nothing of value...right?

"Assigned" Installer

Has this installer you refer to, that has been assigned to you, been back out?

We've chatted---twice. I suggested we postpone a visit since the software updates seemed to be having a positive effect.

DECA

One thing you can try is to remove the DECA adapter connected to your router. What that will do is remove the DHCP addressing on the router side. You will still have MRV, just no DOD. You can manually configure each receiver's IP address. Make sure they are all on the same subnet. See if MRV works then. If it does, there is a router issue. If it doesn't, it is a problem with one of the receivers. I would remove them one at a time, try MRV and see if you can isolate the problem receiver.

Inadvertently, we did this---since the powered DECA to my router was attached to a dead lead for the first week...blinking orange. Then I also just disconnected it and shut down the router and I'm convinced that the router and my network are not the issue.

Since the problem---when it occurs---occurs between the two NEW pieces of equipment (HR24 and H24) my gut says...it might be DTV equipment.

Well thanks! But since he comes off as some sort of "guru" he taints your forum. And, since he isn't even a Di***TV customer he really knows nothing of value...right?

The title of "guru" only refers to how many posts a non pub member has. It has nothing to do with the quality of the information that the person provides.

Just wondering....

If you playback a video from the HR24 on one of your older DVR's do you see the issue? Aslo do you see the issue if playing video from the older DVR's to the HR24? Just trying to narrow it down if it is possibly only the H24 that is giving you the issues.

One thing you can try is to remove the DECA adapter connected to your router. What that will do is remove the DHCP addressing on the router side. You will still have MRV, just no DOD. You can manually configure each receiver's IP address. Make sure they are all on the same subnet. See if MRV works then. If it does, there is a router issue. If it doesn't, it is a problem with one of the receivers. I would remove them one at a time, try MRV and see if you can isolate the problem receiver.

Inadvertently, we did this---since the powered DECA to my router was attached to a dead lead for the first week...blinking orange. Then I also just disconnected it and shut down the router and I'm convinced that the router and my network are not the issue.

Since the problem---when it occurs---occurs between the two NEW pieces of equipment (HR24 and H24) my gut says...it might be DTV equipment.

I would tend to agree with you then. Hopefully the software update fixed it (btw, it just got released a couple of days ago for the HR24) if not, I would have them get you a new one.....

Ok....keep us posted. We are here to help!

Or at least try to help. None of us are experts in the field but we do have some pretty good ideas or might have seen the issues before. This one is a very strange one indeed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts