MRV Freezes and blackouts with: Playback Failed ..." Message

Status
Please reply by conversation.
YES! And just to be sure, I went around a rechecked every single component for a green label. I was with the installer at every stage. I can even look at the new LNB and see a green label although it is beginning to fade to yellow.

Why don't you just call D* and tell them what is going on and they can send out a tech to fix it?

We've already done that. We're on installer #3 who has been assigned to us for the next 90 days so we don't have to go through D* inbound. If D* had a clue I wouldn't be here.

Off the same SWM"multiswitch", not off the same splitter.
[strike]Are all the splitters approved?[/strike]

Do you have a four-way and a two-way or some other configuration?

Have you "enhanced" the setup in any way since it was installed?

Does your router like to change its DHCP assignments frequently?

There are no splitters. There are no four ways or two ways. Nothing has been done to change or enhance the install.

Since the audio/video feed is via DECA and not via my router DHCP is a moot point. And anyway, no, my router doesn't and since my router is not part of the D*T* DECA network...

192.168.0.100 HPD5927E 00:22:64:d6:9c:b1
192.168.0.101 DIRECTV-H24-243909D0 00:26:24:39:09:d0
192.168.0.102 L01oh0079470BBL 00:26:c6:00:ce:f6
192.168.0.106 c4:2c:03:6e:14:f4
192.168.0.181 DIRECTV-HR20-94EB6BFB 00:50:94:eb:6b:fb
192.168.0.184 00:24:be:69:3c:1c
192.168.0.191 toshiba-user 00:0f:b0:9c:aa:8f
192.168.0.192 BRW00242C28DE08 00:24:2c:28:de:08
192.168.0.193 Janes-iPhone 00:26:08:66:d0:10
192.168.0.194 00:14:51:78:7f:59
192.168.0.195 DIRECTV-HR21-6B1DABF5 00:16:6b:1d:ab:f5
192.168.0.196 DIRECTV-HR24-78368352 00:03:78:36:83:52
192.168.0.197 00:12:fb:a6:a0:2b
192.168.0.198 00:17:f2:4e:d3:1d
192.168.0.199 00:17:f2:30:36:4d

Essentially as it was 24 48 or 72 hours ago.

I can disconnect the powered DECA which ties to the home network (two installers and I have done so) with zero effect on the "playback failed" issues. As it should be. It's only there for internet access.

It is better. HR24 updated software this AM (0x3e0). As each D* unit upgrades, the packet failures decrease.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the various D* boxes move audio/video data exclusively via DECA.
Connection to the home network is only to provide internet access for TV App/Network Services, VOD, PPV.

Network Services/TV Apps now work on all four boxes. Updated the DIR-655 firmware and unchecked Dynamic DNS, reset the D* boxes and Network Services worked. Not that it is anything special.

For the first few days (between installer one and two) there was NO connection to the home network---because the powered DECA was attached to a dead feed. And during that time, the freezes, packet fails, playback fails, video drop outs, etc. were at their worse.

I am more than ever convinced that this has been a software issue.

I have a single wire SWM LNB (ONE LNB) with ONE out from the dish...which ultimately ends up at the 1 in 8 out module after the power inserter.

This is the splitter that everybody is talking about. Since you have the SWiM LNB you would not have a multi switch with it.

Semantics. Love your dog pic.

Yes it is semantics for the most part. I think that the wording was confusing some of the discussion here.

Thanks about the pic. I see you are also from Central Ohio. Nice to see another local person here.

There are no splitters. There are no four ways or two ways. Nothing has been done to change or enhance the install.
Rest assured that there is at least one splitter and it isn't a matter of semantics. In the satellite world we must be exceedingly careful not to call switches and diplexers "splitters" just as we must not call splitters "switches" or "modules" (especially when the device label you've unconditionally assured us that you've looked at says it is an "8-way splitter").
Since the audio/video feed is via DECA and not via my router DHCP is a moot point. And anyway, no, my router doesn't and since my router is not part of the D*T* DECA network...
The default when you've connected your DECA network to a router is for the router to assign addresses, gateways and DNS information to each DECA connected device. Unless the installer specifically set up the receivers to have manual addresses, they are getting their network addresses from your DLink router. Absent access to a router serving up DHCP, DECA will default to a Windows-alike default address space.

Well thanks for straightening me out. And thanks for jumping in late on a discussion and providing your insights.

Rather than solutions or helpful suggestions I'd have to say that narcissistic, self aggrandizing, pedantic, "techno babble" is exactly what I was hoping for on this forum.

This has been fun! totally useless and unhelpful---but fun!

Well thanks for straightening me out. And thanks for jumping in late on a discussion and providing your insights.

Rather than solutions or helpful suggestions I'd have to say that narcissistic, self aggrandizing, pedantic, "techno babble" is exactly what I was hoping for on this forum.

This has been fun! totally useless and unhelpful---but fun!

Maybe take it to a PM then? Not a public forum?

Absolutely! Let's not air dirty laundry in public. I love D*TV. Been with 'em since 1995...six digit customer number. Their installers have always been great. Their inbound customer service is a crap shoot.
BUT. When a forum "guru" provides nothing but attitude and implies that " I must have done something wrong" I have to assume that, maybe, he too is protecting the BRAND.

I'm done. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Absolutely! Let's not air dirty laundry in public. I love D*TV. Been with 'em since 1995...six digit customer number. Their installers have always been great. Their inbound customer service is a crap shoot.
BUT. When a forum "guru" provides nothing but attitude and implies that " I must have done something wrong" I have to assume that, maybe, he too is protecting the BRAND.

No one is out to get you, blame you or anything other then diagnose your problem and give it their best shot or idea.

No way should a green labeled splitter frustrate anyone to the point of quitting.

If you're frustrated it's understandable, just understand that nothing is sacred here. Well, almost nothing.

The questions asked tend to have a meaning behind them, maybe if you don't at first see it or understand it.

So far JAG72 had the best results, maybe pick his brain for more ideas?

If you are referring to Harshness, this is very typical behavior of his. I think he enjoys it, don't let it get to you.....he's not even a DirecTV customer....ignore him like the rest of us do.....

Has this installer you refer to, that has been assigned to you, been back out?

On the 8-way SWiM splitter you are not using every port. Are there caps on the unused ports?

One thing you can try is to remove the DECA adapter connected to your router. What that will do is remove the DHCP addressing on the router side. You will still have MRV, just no DOD. You can manually configure each receiver's IP address. Make sure they are all on the same subnet. See if MRV works then. If it does, there is a router issue. If it doesn't, it is a problem with one of the receivers. I would remove them one at a time, try MRV and see if you can isolate the problem receiver.

I have heard there were some HR24's with internal DECA issues. You might have got lucky and got stuck with one of those.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)