MRV problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
I'm an installer so I've had my share of knowledge with Directv's equipment however I'm having the craziest problem that I have never seen on a service call and have my service dept scratching their heads. I have 2 HR-24's and an HR-22. The 22 keeps disconnecting from the network. I've swap receiver deca's, switch, LNB, ran new cable twice and still having the same issue. I've even checked the voltage in the house! Anybody have any thoughts or should I just call ISS and have a new receiver drop shipped to me?

Do you have a static IP address for the 22? I had a problem where when I restarted my one H24 it would change IP address and my router wouldn't connect the receiver until I went in and changed the receivers IP back to what I had it set to before I reboot it. So once I gave it a static IP it's been find since then.

If it's not a network issue then I have no clue.

First, set the router so it only dispenses IPs in a certain range for those pieces of equipment looking for DHCP served IP addresses. Then set the DirecTV equipment up with static IPs. (I make them sequential so they're easy to keep track of). There are LOTS of pieces of network equipment out there that don't properly request an IP when they lose theirs for whatever reason. And there are certainly routers that don't serve IP addresses properly. Very often I find it to be routers that do SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection). I don't know what the connection is there as I haven't researched it, but there definitely seems to be one from my experience.

So... router to serve IPs in a range generous enough to cover the other equipment in the house, and static IPs for the DirecTV equipment making sure they are NOT in the range of IPs the router will serve up.

To follow up, thanks for the replies! It's none of the above. The eithernet ports on the back of the receiver have gone bad. Have to get a new box...darn :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts