MRV question---># of programs record at once w/multiple rcvr's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Arkapigdiesel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
If i have two receivers in my house, and I get MRV activated with the new DECA modules can I still record 4 prorams at once with my two receivers? From what I understand, with the MRV activated at working that in essence you have one big DVR to pull from. Does that mean that each receiver can still use the two tuners to record programs?

Every DVR can record two programs at a time no matter how many units are in your MRV setup.

Each DVR is it's own separate "server" serving up what it has recorded. Every DVR has every other DVRs recorded programs in their list, allowing you to serve it up from that receiver.

OK, another question along these lines...is there a limit on how many "streams" can be pulled from any one HR box? Example: say I have 2 HR24's & 4 H24's. (8 tuners total) 3 of the H24's want to stream pre-recorded shows, but it so happens those 3 are all on the same HR24 DVR. Will they be able to do this, or can each DVR only support 1 or 2 streams being pulled from it?

Each box still functions as normal. You can record two different programs at once on each box, so in the OP's case he could record four programs.

No, no, no - I already know about recording - re-read my question, I'm asking about playback of pre-recorded shows OUT TO the (remote) H24's. Surely someone understands what I'm asking.... :confused: :confused:

No, no, no - I already know about recording - re-read my question, I'm asking about playback of pre-recorded shows OUT TO the (remote) H24's. Surely someone understands what I'm asking.... :confused: :confused:

One stream to another receiver and you can watch one recorded program locally at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)