MS blames PC makers for disappointing Win8 sales

Really? out of the three (IOS, android, and WP), taking usefulness and fluidity out of it, just going on looks, I think WP is probably the most elegant looking.

No accounting for taste eh?

Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Setting up an iPhone with MicroSoft Exchange wasn't difficult. Setting up MicroSoft Exchange on two different Android phone models wasn't hard either. Setting up MicroSoft Exchange on a MicroSoft phone- well, I talked the guy into returning it before I ever finished.

Setting up an iPhone with MicroSoft Exchange wasn't difficult. Setting up MicroSoft Exchange on two different Android phone models wasn't hard either. Setting up MicroSoft Exchange on a MicroSoft phone- well, I talked the guy into returning it before I ever finished.

You think MS would have it figured out by now.

I'm perplexed at how Exchange has become the de facto standard for Corporate Email, but that's an entirely different discussion.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Thank you for that link. The article sings the same tune I've read elsewhere.

Uh huh...

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...r-launch-and-microsofts-cryptic-sales-figures

You can't tell me that windows 8 is jumping off the shelves into end users homes.

Yeah, I'm sure MS has made up the 20m movement in licenses since the initial sales figures were released too...? Notice that article doesn't do anything to reconcile that at a glance...

People are perceiving a disaster (like the hyperbole in most of the Windows 8 threads around here) the reality is Windows 8 is far from it.

Yeah, I'm sure MS has made up the 20m movement in licenses since the initial sales figures were released too...? Notice that article doesn't do anything to reconcile that at a glance...

People are perceiving a disaster (like the hyperbole in most of the Windows 8 threads around here) the reality is Windows 8 is far from it.

I dunno about disaster,but it sure ain't selling like windows 7 and xp were.

Another question is how many win 8 license holders on new machines are using the downgrade rights back to win 7?

I am sitting on 4 Win 8 upgrade licenses now, perhaps I will upgrade some day....

Worst OS in history? How so?
I've been in the computer biz for over a quarter of a century, and used many OS's and adapted to them with minimal effort. However Windows 8 throws everything logical out the window, leaving an incoherent, ugly, incomprehensible mess. The specifics are too numerous for me to list here. But THIS guy nails it, and does it a lot more eloquently and humorously than I could. Regardless of whether you love or hate Windows 8, you'll enjoy his analysis.

I've been in the computer biz for over a quarter of a century, and used many OS's and adapted to them with minimal effort. However Windows 8 throws everything logical out the window, leaving an incoherent, ugly, incomprehensible mess. The specifics are too numerous for me to list here. But THIS guy nails it, and does it a lot more eloquently and humorously than I could. Regardless of whether you love or hate Windows 8, you'll enjoy his analysis.

So you've 'adapted' to many OS's for 'a quarter of a century' (many of us posting have been using computers since pre-W3.1 too) but because you didn't install any of the half dozen free apps that suppress the metro UI Windows 8 is the worst ever (...you know there's more to Windows 8 than the UI right?)? Even that small amount of 'adapting' turns 8 into a better version of Windows 7 - the best OS they've probably ever released.

Idiot in that video was alt-tabbing by swiping from the left side of the touch pad, not just swiping left to right like he suggests. Windows 8 recognizes gestures on the touch pad swiping from the sides. The same gestures you'd use swiping from the edges and pinching on a tablet.

As of making the video he doesn't know how to close metro apps... but boasts about being a smart guy and knowing how to use 5+ other OSes. He's either an idiot or trolling.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried creating an image using Windows 8? Is it easier/more difficult than creating a Windows 7 image?

And how good were the operating systems that preceded those two?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Not sure what your point is.Of course windows me and windows vista in most folks opinion,sucked.Given the past trends it would stand to reason windows 8 would also suck.

Not sure what your point is.Of course windows me and windows vista in most folks opinion,sucked.Given the past trends it would stand to reason windows 8 would also suck.

You brought up sales, MS days it is comparable to 7, you are suggesting it should be compared to ME and Vista, so back it up with numbers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

And how good were the operating systems that preceded those two

You didn't say sales in your comment,you stated how good were the previous releases.That's why I wasn't sure what your point was.

I took it another way, in as people bought up the next OS (XP and 7) in a rush to get away from a subpar OS that preceded it. Windows 7 is very good, so the rush in comparison to get 8 might not be as high.

However, it still appears to be doing just fine.

I took it another way, in as people bought up the next OS (XP and 7) in a rush to get away from a subpar OS that preceded it. Windows 7 is very good, so the rush in comparison to get 8 might not be as high.

However, it still appears to be doing just fine.

Yeah I think most people have just bought new hardware with Win7 on it so I think by the end of the summer once more of the manufactures get their tablets production up to speed things will even be better. Win8 really more touch base OS gearing people to wards touch hardware like the new laptops and tablet plus more of the touch monitors are coming out as well. But wWin8 runs fine as well on a Desktop as well without the touchscreen. I been using it for awhile now and have gotten a performance boost as well over having Win7 on my machine. But either way one folks decided to upgrade their hardware they will have allot of nice choices to choose from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)